The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EA Body supports
Hi Henry,

Will try and take some pics of the Ulster this weekend and let you know.

Regards

Chris
(23-03-2022, 12:04 AM)Chris.Dallas Wrote: Hi Henry,

Will try and take some pics of the Ulster this weekend and let you know.

Regards

Chris

That will be very helpful, thanks.
the two supports off the rear chassis extension: what bracing arrangements are found inside the EA body?
I have seen internal thick straps (longer than just the two retaining bolt positions) but are there other arrangements seen?
(23-03-2022, 05:49 PM)JonE Wrote: the two supports off the rear chassis extension: what bracing arrangements are found inside the EA body?
I have seen internal thick straps (longer than just the two retaining bolt positions) but are there other arrangements seen?

The two rear supports are riveted directly to the sloping rear floor. There is no bracing or extra bracketry.
Henry, I had Chris Garner look at my car, No. 125, and it does not have those supports you describe. Nor does there appear to be evidence that it has had them. The body was replaced in the 80's but the floor pan and bulkhead is the original one. What is a bit curious is that where those supports are riveted, I think they would impinge on the ability to operate the throttle easily. There is very little room there anyway and even the engine side panel nuts are an issue.

Erich in Mukilteo
(22-03-2022, 10:14 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: I have asked Atho to contact you Henry he has dimensioned patterns from a genuine car that he can supply you with.
From our studies the replica bodies including CC which were once lauded as authentic all have a number of inaccuracies in their construction. Atho has catalogued everything that we are currently aware of and there may be more.

Thankyou Ian, that would be very helpful. How is Atho getting on with his build?
He has made good progress, but has recently been slowed down somewhat as he has been building a new home and workshop, that is now more or less complete and he is started moving all his equipment in. He is not a regular on here but I will encourage him to post an update on both his Workshop and the Ulster as I am sure a few of you will be interested.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Henry,

Is there anything that supports the middle of the floor pan onto the rear cross-member. Ours seems well supported at the front and at rear on the sides, however it tends to sag in the middle about where the seats go.

Many Thanks
Marcus
(27-04-2022, 12:20 AM)Marcus Ling Wrote: Hi Henry,

Is there anything that supports the middle of the floor pan onto the rear cross-member. Ours seems well supported at the front and at rear on the sides, however it tends to sag in the middle about where the seats go.

Many Thanks
Marcus

The original fixings/supports are as per my drawing. 
The 2 fixings shown as "To Chassis" are 5/16" nuts and bolts through the floor and the main chassis rails.
The prop shaft tunnel is a very important part of the structure.

Thanks Henry,

That agrees with my understanding, its probably not helping that the bulkhead where the spare wheel goes is currently not fitted so that will also support the rear of the floor pan when its fitted.

Many Thanks

Marcus