The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new car for a keen daughter...
If there's no compunction to follow authentic A7 lines, then I'd suggest getting Daisy to draw her ideas then provide her with some card & glue to build a 3D model that she can then assess and adjust. Who knows, you might end up with an extremely special A7 Special.
That is probably the best suggestion yet.
Ruairidh ,You could enjoy yourselves building something akin to Anastasia. I had great fun building the body on a steel frame , with teak shaping ribs to give some vertical curves. The sides / top are western red cedar, clinker built secured with polyurethane wood glue and brass nails.            
.jpg   139 arriving at trim lizzies.jpg (Size: 133.14 KB / Downloads: 342)
I think that is the way she will want to go (i.e. building it herself), with this - thank you.
(18-03-2022, 06:06 PM)Anne Griffiths Wrote: If there's no compunction to follow authentic A7 lines, then I'd suggest getting Daisy to draw her ideas then provide her with some card & glue to build a 3D model that she can then assess and adjust. Who knows, you might end up with an extremely special A7 Special.

Whilst waiting for the main course to be ready tonight she is onto this Anne - so far, more leg room in the back is a priority!
My thoughts for what its worth, the floor pan is straightforward, and you have plenty of examples for reference, the folds which can be done over angle iron and riveted together, either made from Steel or Aluminium..... I would try and keep it as light as possible and don't overcomplicate construction or use heavy framing it is completely unnecessary. Style is a personal choice, the slab back Cambridge body is a very easy one to do, pointy tail styles made with stressed plywood sides are also pretty simple and light. My old special was done this way and was very similar in construction to a Paxton, I have posted pictures here in the past and my threads on body construction can offer a lot of assistance and tips. If you want pictures or further information on anything I have covered I am happy to help where I can.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you Ian, I will post her design thoughts and welcome comment - it may not be conventional...
I was 9 when I started driving 7's, just a little younger than Daisy is now. I was extremely fortunate to grow up in a household where my Dad encouraged me to participate in his hobby. Today we have a modest collection and enjoy every moment of it.

Given that you live in a less than tropical climate and she's mentioned the idea of being a Young Herriot, I'd have thought that the Van currently on Flea Bay would be an ideal starter, straight sides, simple shapes, almost everything seems to be there, oily bits are easy, roof keeps the rain & snow off her head - plenty of leg room in the back, great parts hauler for Dad...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325093495433?...nl%3Dmkcid

Cheers from a Tropical Climate
Greig

Attached Files
.jpg   Van - Daisy Dunford.jpg (Size: 130.78 KB / Downloads: 247)
Good idea Greig but I have a sufficient number of Sevens to outlast my family for a few generations, trust me, no more!!!

Duncan, here’s another for you from Christmas time…

I have to agree with Duncan, absolutely delightful...I don’t think I’ll post a video of my banjo playing!