The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export Ruby.
I have a feeling it might be Malaysia, here is another export Ruby with a single letter number plate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe in NZ we were not sufficently colonial to qualify for the later rims early. Have the great merit that can change obstinate tyres without having to repaint the rims. And the deep well assists. At one stage in 1960s I ran a terrible early Ruby; it had two of each type ....
I have an export Ruby 1935 sold new in Sweden same year. It has all the specials for an export Ruby as LHD, 18 inch wheels, fixed roof, four bladed fan, export air filter and a 1 inch distance peace between the frame and the front suspension. It is very odd that we imported and build LHD cars in Sweden those days since we drove to the left until September 1967!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The car in the following blog has a very similar number/format starting with an 'X'...

https://blogs.fcdo.gov.uk/ukinsrilanka/2...onnection/
.jpg   Car in Sri Lanka.jpg (Size: 58 KB / Downloads: 131)
It seems in Ceylon in the 1930s that 'X' registrations were issued in the capital Colombo:

.jpg   Car Registration Areas in Sri Lanka.jpg (Size: 144.41 KB / Downloads: 91)