The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top"
Thank you Peter, for the stunning photos, they really give me an insight into what was once original. Due to German MOT I do not have the original headlamp rims which makes my Austin headlamps look slightly larger than the original version. A problem I would like to solve...
Re the RP, I like the clothes peg for the choke. My father always rested his wooden folding  rule over it. Quite one of the most primitive features (after the door interior felts) was the door check strrps. Very short lived in Wellington NZ with 60 mph breezes. I note the carnk is plumb in centre of hole and the doors barely sagged. The rim of radiator aperture is not painted black. And has the steering arm been reinforced?
More photos of the same car. Reckers is right, the car has been hand painted - here are the rest of the photos and the door post clearly shows that the cream has been brushed on. Shame. Lovely interior all the same.

The owner had a TV set.
Peter, the colours in your photos aren't coming through very well. What colour exactly is the interior. Is it a sort of olive green?

Also, can you say what colour the dashboard is please.
Hello Peter, the photos are really brilliant and I would like to ask for permission to use them for the German Austin Seven Club's magazine (of course proper reference to your name and this thread will be included). What I really like is that one of my main questions concerning the Lucas Vacuum Wiper (see thread: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe ) is also answered. One of the photos clearly shows the position of the hole where the vacuum hose enters the cabin...
The colour of the leather and the dasboard was another aspect that made me interested in the question of what was standard when ordering an RP. I always thaught that the body colour influenced the colour of the interior...
I can't add any more information I'm afraid. The photos were cribbed from the internet (Ebay I think) so you will have to use your discretion Frank.

I seem to remember some discussion about the sale of the car at the time so perhaps it's buyer or seller will make themselves known.

It is an unusual interior colour, it looks unlike the brown or green original colours I've seen before.
Hugh
I love the spider !
Hello,
although I wanted to concentrate on the late RP, I started working on all available stock colour lists for the RP models (Standard and De Luxe). In Publication No 924C the stock colour "Dual Beaver" and the range colour "beaver" are mentioned. Most of the colours can either be found on the internet or are available as colours but "Dual Beaver" and "Beaver"... absolutely no idea what that is and what it looked like... any ideas?
Tony Mealing of the Austin 10 Drivers Club has recently kindly donated to the Archive a booklet entitled Austin Colours Reference Book where an attempt has been made to match Austin colours to currently available standard colours. For 'Dual Beaver' I take that to be 'Light Beaver' and 'Dark Beaver' which are described as BS 08 C 39 and RAL 8070 respectively. The booklet is available from the A10DC for £5

I should also take the opportunity to remind Forumists that the collection of paint swatches (1936 - 1939) in excellent condition were scanned and Craftmaster paints are able to supply accurate colours in a number of finishes to order. Those colour swatches can be seen on the Archive web site at http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/paints-and-colours/ . However, going back to the original query, Light and Dark Beaver are not part of the 1936 set and colour ranges clearly diminished as time went by...

Earlier colour swatch sets are keenly sought by the Archive, should anyone ever come across one...