The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top"
Hugh, I'll bend to you on the floor coverings. I am probably wrong, as I am often (but rarely admit it, especially to the Mem'Sahib).
Yes, both the standard and deluxe saloons had rubber mats. Not so sure about the single/double coachline, however, Mine has a double coachline, and I have reason to believe that the body moulding has never been painted and is original.
Hi Reckers!
Bruce, my 32 RN parts list does not show a choice of headlamp, I have a painted headlamp on my De Luxe, I am by no means an expert but I expect, the headlamps man, is it Stuart Joseph? can be a deciding referee in this discussion. My opinion is RN only had painted lamps.
Hello again,
lovely discussion going on: 
I am absoultely sure about the difference between Standard and De-Luxe as far as the headlamps are concerned (painted black versus luxurious chrome)
I always thought that the rubber mats were true for both variants - my carpet is therefore wrong (one of the moments where a rivet counter is close to tears)
I have twelve colour versions because the black version was 4 x black with different lines. So three black De Luxe (green, red, brown lines) and one black Standard with brown lines as well.
I have created all versions with the double line... 
I will publish high resolution drawings as soon as the most severe faults can be excluded... hopefully... they will be for free... my contribution to the centenary and for all RP enthusiasts...
Page 32 of the Brochure I mentioned earlier (April 34, RP model) resolves the headlamp question.

"Chromium plated dip and switch headlamps" is asterisked as "Not on fixed head saloon"
I thought I was the only cantankerous Welsh hermit ! Glad to know I'm not alone 
I'm still trying to get a few owners together but it's proving difficult despite there being a few around the area
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Here are photos of an (allegedly) unrestored original saloon which appeared on ebay several years ago. Sunroof, rubber floor mats, chrome headlamps, coloured bonnet top but strangely the moulding on the bonnet is the same as the bonnet top. I'm guessing the coachlines are missing through years of weathering and washing.

Interesting to see that there is carpet on the inner sills to match that of the door card but rubber on the floor. The paint discolouration on the outer door panel "as found" suggests that it has been hand painted?

Shame you can't get the central tunnel cover any more.
(06-03-2022, 08:04 PM)Barry Townsend Wrote: I thought I was the only cantankerous Welsh hermit ! Glad to know I'm not alone 
I'm still trying to get a few owners together but it's proving difficult despite there being a few around the area

I'm glad that i am not the only cantankerous Welsh hermit!

I have been thinking about getting a few A7 owners together too, but have done very little about it. It surprises me that there is no North Wales A7 club. the nearest we have is either Shropshire and Staffs or Cheshire, both of which are (literally) miles away.

PM me, Barry and lets see what we can do.
I went to a meeting of what was supposed to become a North Wales group for the PWA7Cany years ago now, I seem to remember it was at the Brookhouse Mill in Denbigh. Trouble was I was already living in Shropshire by then. Dont know what happened to the idea.