The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for info on a 50’s special … Arrow???
My first thought was Arrow from the shape of the scuttle and doors.  It doesn't look like a homemade body to me, especially as it is skinned in steel.  The tight radius at the rear corners of the body suggest that it had a slab tank, if so the mounting points should be visible somewhere.
Could we have a photo of the wings please?  Arrows had very distinctive wings with pointed ends, it would be a miracle if the original wings have survived!
More photos of everything please!  A super project that we all want to share.
I’ll dig out the other parts later and upload some more photos.
Has anyone got any photos of what the dash should look like?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

check the rear cross member for any marks front or rear....
Just looking at the cars on the visible Register, the earliest believable Comptons entry is about chassis 101xxx, although no doubt list-holder will know of more than wish to be visible.
Two 1931 images...
.jpg   austin 1931 7arrow-october.jpg (Size: 29.39 KB / Downloads: 329)    
Photo of rear

Attached Files
.jpeg   446EC5D2-E3F4-4BB5-8D23-3AE5F6E3E736.jpeg (Size: 574.42 KB / Downloads: 305)
This is the best I can come up with as regards the dashboard.  It does mention that the paneling is in aluminium.

Malcolm's image shows that all Arrow dashes seem to be recessed... that seems to be a later panel.
https://www.robinlawton.com/cars/1929-au...w-2-seater seems to be quite a well documented car.
Photo of rear

Jon

Just noticed from your link, that the fixings for the side screens on top of the doors are the same.

.jpeg   661FB978-0C52-41DB-9FB2-E480D17B963F.jpeg (Size: 266.27 KB / Downloads: 263)
Well I had hoped we might of had a few Arrow front wings lurking amongst the parts, but unfortunately all we seem to have is a pair of cycle wings from its trialing days. I’ve set in place a rad cowl, aluminium bonnet and the seats for the attached pics. Best guess at the moment is that maybe it was at one time an Arrow and then in the 50’s made into a trials car??   It’s certainly not a four seater now.

Looking at the alignment of the bonnet, it looks like it was designed to take the pre-1928 radiator, in which case the Arrow connections are somewhat tenuous.
I bought this car along with a few other cars and many parts, amongst these is an early Chummy style brass radiator shell. It’s possible that it may have been fitted to the car.
I’ve been in touch with Jim Blacklock, he thinks it may have originally been an Arrow Foursome that has had the back end chopped off and rebuilt. Just after the front part of the rear body.
It is described in the chassis register as being a 50’s trials special, so I assume that’s when it all took place, certainly the patina and seats etc would suggest this.