The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for info on a 50’s special … Arrow???
Hi 

I have recently acquired what remains of ‘Scruffy Special’ that I would love to find out more about. 
At first I thought this was a cobbled together special, but under closer scrutiny it appears to be very well built. It’s based on a 1929 chassis, the body is made of steel and the rear springs have been let out to pick up a wider D shape axle. The construction of the steel prop tunnel, axle cover, rear panels, doors etc look to be of a very high standard. The dash has been almost completely lost to woodworm, I’m not sure if it had a rear slab type petrol tank. From the chassis register the registration is DV2416 and was last registered with the 750MC. If anyone can shed any light on this, I’d be very interested to hear from them. I have the bonnet, side panels, mudguards, rad shell, seats etc. next step will be to put it all back together to get a better picture of what it looked like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What a well put together and splendid looking machine. You have several months to get it back into action before displaying or vigorously exercising it at Shelsley, Morton in Marsh, Prescott……
It is nicely made Paul and the doors are not unlike Arrow/AEW in construction...
The windscreen pillars look like Arrow Sports, too.
what is the chassis number - is it one that is on the ledgers?
The scuttle mounted windscreen mounts are Morris 8.

I agree it is a very nicely made body
I thought it looked Arrow but the curve at the top of the doors to the scuttle doesn’t look the same as any pics I’ve been able to source. Also looked at LMW books to see if it might be one of his, looks very similar but it has doors. Chassis number as per register 93759.
The hood frame is well made too, I think many of us believe it’s not a special at all!
A few more pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

+1 with Hedd. As a long time owner of a 1936 Morris 8 Series I Tourer, they are indeed very late 1934 to 1938 Morris 8 Series I & II Two-Seater and Tourer chrome windscreen pillars. New chrome wing nuts and cone washers are available from MG TC suppliers as these particular items are identical.