The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan pulley
I have probably got a spare Mag one up in my Auckland shed if you get stuck Marcus. I could probably also help you Stephen with an export width coil pulley if you can not find anything locally.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Steve: I have this one you can have for the postage. I’m in Vernon. 

For others, this link illustrates the variety currently available new. Also helps identify what you have.

https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/s...ery=Pulley
(11-02-2022, 07:27 PM)Marcus Ling Wrote: Hi Stephen,

I can do a dimensioned CAD drawing if you want.

Marcus

That would be a great help Marcus . Thank you.

Stephen

(11-02-2022, 08:46 PM)gord Wrote: Hi Steve: I have this one you can have for the postage. I’m in Vernon. 

Gord that would be great. Let me know the best way to reimburse you for postage.
Stephen   stevebryant@shaw.ca
Hi Steve,

Here is a .jpg of the drawing, Mine is made from Bronze so if you are going to use a different material you will need to allow for the bushes that will have to go in the center. The spigot on the Right Hand side is for the aluminium fan mounting piece so you will need to check the dimensions of yours to make sure it will fit OK.

I will email you the Autocad drawing in case you are going to CNC machine it.

.jpg   Coil Engine Fan Pulley.JPG (Size: 33.94 KB / Downloads: 269)

Hope this helps
Wonderful stuff Marcus, thank you for this.
Stephen
Out of curiosity, has anyone upgraded the fan pulley to ball bearings? I was thinking of doing this if possible as I have to turn up a new pulley anyway why not convert it to bearings.
Stephen
One reamable bore is vastly less tedious to make than two ball race tunnels each turned to .0005 tolerance. 
My father was impressed by Litium grease when it came out in the 1950s. We had a vacuum cleaner which used to regularly run its bearing dry and LM cured. and the Seven fan used to rattle on frosty mornings. LM cured that too.
Out of curiosity, why would you consider changing the fan pulley to ball bearings. After all, most of them have been running quite happily for 80 or 90 years as built...
There is no crowning shown on the pulleys in the photos in this thread or the drawing in this thread. I was beginning to think that I only dreamt that pulleys for flat belts should be crowned to help the belt track properly.  However, the pulleys from the Austin Seven Workshop are crowned. So someone else must believe that they should be crowned. 
Is there something magic about Austin Seven fan belts that allows them to run true without crowning?
Graham   Huh