The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 8hp quadricycle review
(23-01-2022, 03:21 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 12:57 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote: I experimented... Would have been a lot less damage if I'd just hit the tyre wall rather than roll the car trying to correct a lurid slide. When they go, they go...

Is this what they call thread drift?

Boom....Tish.... But at least it is vaguely A7 related
Hi All
Talking of drifting AND getting back to the original thread.  If it has to be a electric quad I’d prefer this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=BFcGm6NYayI

Cheers

Howard
I once achieved 2 wheels well up in air driving an early Mini at an Autocross. It was very muddy and bumpy, and I did win the class. I was slightly worried for what seemed a very long half second!
On my first visit to a Harewood Hill Climb VSCC meeting in 2014 the remaining image etched on my mind is of an A7 saloon falling over on the second bend out of the paddock. I was shocked as there didn't seem to be anything stressful on that bend and being used to 2CV suspension I had to sit down till I felt better
(23-01-2022, 10:05 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: A certain contributor to this forum gained a reputation for upsetting his Seven; I think he may have escaped on this occasion, but he wasn't always so lucky:

Only once though - just once, and that was going backwards when Sevens are really tricky to catch. I'd not seen that picture before, Mike.
Those were the good times, eh?  I once had a problem descending Fish Hill Broadway on two wheels, without any decent form of brakes, and stuck in one gear - (I was on a bike...) Smile
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
This thread has reminded me of when, as a young man, I had my Austin A30.  My colleague was hurtling along the Guildford Road from Chertsey to Woking in his new Austin Maxi.  I was keeping up in the A30 (with race car engine!) when a dozy woman pulled out of Martyrs Lane directly in front of him.  Instead of putting her foot down and getting out the way, she hesitated, then went.  There was a massive collision with the Maxi.

Not having anywhere to go with the road ahead blocked... and going too fast to stop ...I only had one option; that was to turn left into the road she had just came out of. 

The A30 took the corner majestically on two wheels and somehow didn't turn over!  Instead it dropped down onto all four... but it wasn't finished with me... and rebounded onto the other two... before eventually settling down.

I was well shaken up but otherwise unharmed!
In the 60s I was briefly in the other island and without my car. So bought  a wondrously rusty Ruby. I discoverd it could be drifted around sharp corners in the wet. Got out of hand as "controlled" drifts are prone to do and in the recovery antic with the horizon at 45 deg grass became wedged between the tyre and rim.
Sadly the advent of fwd has spoiled all the fun of roundabouts
I used to get my 2CV onto three wheels quite often, usually when being pushed to go faster by XR3is back in the day.
I had a favourite downhill right hand corner that I could take at 70 MPH with the inside rear up in the air. whilst watching boy racer lock up both front wheels as he panicked. I Had another nutter overtake me just before a roundabout then slam on his brakes for the roundabout at which point I just drove past him onto the roundabout carrying more speed with a rear wheel in the air.
My father used to get a back wheel of his 1933 Box Saloon in the air, this made it slow down as he lost drive. He often broke halfshafts !!