The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 8hp quadricycle review
£6k (UK soon) and 8hp makes it a Ruby substitute... worth watching just for those similar characteristics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gEjTTnu50E
I loved it until... well I won't spoil it for you!
What could possibly go wrong........! Sick
So, it's as stable as a Citroen 2CV?
It is simply not possible to get two wheels up in a 2CV in normal conditions. A 2CV is incredibly stable, so much so that Citroen used to offer 1million Francs to anyone who could roll one. After many failures the only one who could roll one had to do it using a ramp, in reverse. Not normal conditions, no pay-out.
Austin A35s roll... I just managed to get mine back from the brink, driving back from the pub the day I passed my driving test. My passengers weren't sure whether they were impressed or shocked at my driving... Different times!
(22-01-2022, 07:15 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Austin A35s roll... I just managed to get mine back from the brink, driving back from the pub the day I passed my driving test. My passengers weren't sure whether they were impressed or shocked at my driving... Different times!

Austin 7s roll as well but, like you, Nick, I managed to bring this one 'back from the brink' and so didn't break my arm Sad

There have been other occasions when things didn't end quite so well Blush

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(22-01-2022, 07:07 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: It is simply not possible to get two wheels up in a 2CV in normal conditions. A 2CV is incredibly stable, so much so that Citroen used to offer 1million Francs to anyone who could roll one. After many failures the only one who could roll one had to do it using a ramp, in reverse. Not normal conditions, no pay-out.

That's not my personal experience! Way back in the early 1960s I went to Italy on a school trip; crossing the Alps in a coach we encountered an overturned 2CV. Needless to say we stopped to ask if we could help, but the response was something like 'No, it's no problem, it's always doing this'. Perhaps you don't consider an Alpine hairpin as 'normal conditions'?
Two Austin Sevenists will be doing the Clee Hills Trial tomorrow in a pair of 2CVs. Any rollings or falling sideways onto muddy banks will be recorded and images submitted to the forum.
Clarkson's humour could carry such nonsense but it fails with others.
Hopefully alternative wheel covers will be available. 
When climate change is to be taken seriously the future will lie more with these than bicycles or Teslas.
A30s as the A40 predecessor were notorious for rolling over. (Although not so prone as the early Beetle) The Americans had front anti roll bars in the 30s but the Brits seemed not to grasp the full influence and fitted to the rear only. Braked into a corner, tall vehicles rolled readily. In the 50s main roads incorpoaretd many very slow corners.