The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fastest Jogle
Hi Ian 
The Practial Classic Magazine you are looking for is June 1982 Volume 3 Number 2 
Reading it again and reading Roger Pugsleys account brings back memories   The first was when we were rescued and taken to the Brora pit stop with an off colour engine  We were asked how far had we come about 600 miles was the reply we then wanted to know how far it was to John o Groats they said 60 miles as we had about 20 hours  before the start control closes We said will rebuild the engine and take a  later slot. When we started taking the seats out and laying the spare crankshaft and rods on the floor and they realised we were serious the look on their faces was a sight to belold The other thing I particually remember was the garage  had a tin roof so when it hailed / rained the sound was deafening I was offered a bottle of Coca Cola as I was thirsty by now I took a large swig I though that the world had come to an end it had been filled with Single Malt Whiskey that in 1982 was distilled in the village and it wasn't a sip I had 
The friendship we made has lasted the forty since sadly only one is now alive I have taken part in the four subsequent end to end runs I have visited them and also stayed with them on each occation
My son Peter who was my co driver on the 1997 run in my 1927 R type Saloon is organising this years run over a 16 day period either side of Easter this year with my help  It is NOT a fast time event but possibly the last time we will be able to do something like this as legislation and the gradual lack of petrol station as Electric car become the norm in ten years time may stop it    
Harry Hales
Thanks for that information Harry...

I will crawl into my loft space and find that copy of PC and look forward to reading it.

Ian
These are photos of our Joggle in 1992

For anyone brave enough to do the Joggle in 2022 please contact Peter Hales at swa7csecretary@gmail.com

Exiting the train from Crew to Inverness

.pdf   Ruby leaving Train.pdf (Size: 64.09 KB / Downloads: 39)

Brora pitstop to change crank and araldite patch on crankcase 

.pdf   Joggle Pitstop.pdf (Size: 56.57 KB / Downloads: 31)

An engine. less than 20 hours to the start line closes

.pdf   Joggle Engine.pdf (Size: 86.82 KB / Downloads: 38)

Half a crank

.pdf   Joggle broken crank.pdf (Size: 63.53 KB / Downloads: 33)

The start

.pdf   Joggle start.pdf (Size: 66.36 KB / Downloads: 29)

The Finish

.pdf   Joggle finish.pdf (Size: 58.23 KB / Downloads: 29)