The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fastest Jogle
I am defending the honour of the the 7 on another forum. Can someone remind me please, what is the fastest jogle time. I recall it was 18hrs something and might have been Pete Blackburn. Can someone confirm please?

many thanks..

Hugh
Hi Hugh

I’m not sure if this was the fastest but Harry Hales and Roger Pugsley did it in 18 hours and 54 minutes in 1992. They were driving a 37 Ruby (ABO 795).  Harry still owns and runs the car.

Just as a bit of a plug….. The South Wales Austin Seven Club in conjunction with The A7CA are organising an “end to end” at Easter this year.  All part of the Centenary celebrations.  No speed runs this time as there is a 48 hour minimum time limit. Check out the SWA7 web site http://southwalesaustinsevenclub.com/?page_id=631

And as an aside…. Smile. I’ve been asked to edit the programme for this event so if anyone has special recollections of previous lejogs or jogles do get in touch.

Cheers

Howard
I seem to recall that Steve White did a sub 15 hours in his rather hot GE Cup - somebody will be able to confirm.
That is just WOW!! Surely not a "standard" 37 Ruby: With at least 3 stops for petrol and driver changes etc. Average moving speed must have been pretty close to 50mph, some of the ascents would likely have been 15mph....The max downhill speed must have been.....Interesting!!

Is there an account of this fantastic feat available anywhere?

Ian
(02-01-2022, 03:57 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: I am defending the honour of the the 7 on another forum. Can someone remind me please, what is the fastest jogle time. I recall it was 18hrs something and might have been Pete Blackburn. Can someone confirm please?

many thanks..

Hugh

I can confirm that Steve, in his Cup Model, took 15h 27m. Andy Storer’s previous record was 18h 10m.

Hope that assists the argument.
Thanks both.. I need to go back to the other forum and correct some assumptions. I mean, I wouldn't want some poor soul in a hotted up pre-War MG to do it in 21 hours (they think 22 hours is the record for a 7) only to be disappointed...

;o)
Steve and Mike Hodgson took 16hrs 20mins on the same run.

I find all of it quite incredible.
What was that in?

I find it extrordinary!!
Mike’s Sports.

They had to stop for 45 mins due to an electrical issue, otherwise…
Pete Blackburn did the first Jog. No record time I think but not slow, and he allegedly left home with just a map and a bag of sweets.