The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"What is it?"
Why drill it on the flats ?
I agree Reckers, it may have been too tight to remove until that drilling was done last, where it wold have streched enough to undo without difficulty.
(08-12-2021, 03:51 PM)GrahamW Wrote: Why drill it on the flats ?

The narrowest part, so the area most likely to split.
Thank you for your responses regarding item 2. I inherited it and did not know what it is for. I have just tried it on the footbrake butterfly nut and it fits perfectly. Well done Scarlet O'Hara.
Alan
As n°1 was on a special, is it something to do with lowered suspension and a different way of attaching the radius arms?
Reckers - too tiny - the main bolt shank is only 9mm across. (Pity, as fiddling with exactly that at present. Aren't 3/4" bolts expensive?)
A colleague's father was an inveterate Pom "engineer". He used to say thet the only virtue of UNF nuts was that they were easy to split off with a chisel.... He had a point. (And some considered the only advantage of American V bed lathes was that workmen could not sit on them!)
ok, a new one...the one of the right is a three speed box top locator bolt  - but what are the other two?     
Is that a clutch pedal shanked bolt on the left? Difficult without a size 1/4 or 5/16?
dizzy bolt on the left, used with a spring and big washer on manual advance models ???