The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"What is it?"
Has there ever been a continuous thread, just dealing with images posted? - perhaps contained to things that have been bolted to a Seven at some time. Here is one to start.. nicely made and with the two bolted sections not quite being at the same angle. Was on a Special in 1970!     
May we include mystery items in the "A7 Tools" box?
Anyone else have one of these or know what it's for?    

.jpg   CIMG4102.JPG (Size: 502.15 KB / Downloads: 597)

This should be an easy one - attached to the battery box
N°3 - spark plug holder?
Spot on !
Is N°2 some sort of taper splitter, such as for the drag link?
Perhaps No 2 is for restoring a damaged radiator mesh guard ?
why does No.3 have only spaces for 3 sparkplugs.
Whilst No 3 may have been used as a spark plug store on an austin the rudimentary fixing and the shape of the body would indicate it should be fastened to a round pipe or similar. There also seems to be a continual long thread right through the body possibly with a change in diameter. Then of course is the question of only 3 places for plugs.
My guess is it is a bracket for attaching 3 fixed hydraulic lines to 3 quick connect rubber lines, like on the back of a tractor.
I have a tool a bit like no 2 made from a piece of galvanised handrail and a big bolt... I made it to fit a castellated nut into the back of a series 2 Land Rover gearbox when someone had kindly removed an overdrive and not refitted the driving gear for the transfer box. I can't think of anything that would need such attention on my ORT except perhaps the radiator tap if you wanted a very OTT way to fit it.

Does it allow you to use the wheel brace to operate the jack?