The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"What is it?"
No 3 is a spark plug holder - It takes 3 in the front, and another 3 screwed in the back. The bracket is seperate from the main body, and as an "after market" product may well have be
.jpg   Photo Ruby 16.1.jpg (Size: 92.46 KB / Downloads: 313) en supplied with more that one type to fit different locations.
(08-12-2021, 09:30 AM)GCD Wrote: No 3 is a spark plug holder - It takes 3 in the front, and another 3 screwed in the back. The bracket is seperate from the main body, and as an "after market" product may well have been supplied with more that one type to fit different locations.

Perhaps the original owner fell on hard times and had to downsize from a 6 cylinder Austin?
No 2 looks like a device to turn a tap on and off...I have a long thin version to open & close stop cocks.
This next should be in pedants corner..... No 3 the plug holder (?) has been fitted since the late 50's...it appears to be held on by blind (pop type) rivets....not in general DIY use until then!
Is No2 for fitting over the brake pedal butterfly nut on cars that don't have a hole in the floor?
This more a "what is it for", and why?... a former flywheel nut. 
The holes have actually completely separately it in one place except for the finest of attachments     
For decades I have carried one plug in family cars and thought that a bit pessimistic. About 1960 on a 60 mile trip a plug failed in the RP. I carried on with it removed until a garage 40 miles later. The owner was so taken by nostalgia that he went to great trouble to find a correct used one amongst his odds and ends. I think a plug would be less at risk under the seat than in that gadget.
Someone was pretty desperate to get that flywheel nut off!
A desperate attempt to "add lightness"?
(08-12-2021, 12:17 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Someone was pretty desperate to get that flywheel nut off!

You must be right, Mike. I was thinking lightness too, Terry... but I can that the drill has got closer to the crank thread each time i.e. its all too messily done. Will throw it in the garden to help keep the hydrangeas the right colour.
I suspect the drilling on that nut at 8 o'clock probably didn't do the crank thread much good.