The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exciting news for Cambridge owners.
Rubies are certainly not OK'd, indeed at the zoomed VSCC AGM a senior person was distinctly rude about them, though Standard saloons as well. Mike raises an interesting issue about Fords, and Ford engines. F4 Morgans, even with pre war competition history,  remain ineligible, as do J2 MGs fitted with 1172 engines pre or shortly post WW2. Pre war Ford saloons seem excluded, despite the number of saloons and coupes taking part in the Colmore,  London-Gloucester or similar trials. Ford flat head V8s  are OK in a Jensen or Allard however. 

The whole process has lead to serious reservations, reservations about the voting procedure which effectively excluded VSCC members choosing not to have computers, or those living in parts of the country outwith broadband provision.  If one ignores the interesting requirements for specials, they are 43 production cars now considered to be eligible. There are reservations about the name of a club wishing still to be for Vintage cars, but which embraces an MGA or Bristol 404, whilst excluding examples of Ford V8s similar to Lord Avebury's or Standard Saloons the same model as Mrs Vaughan's. If anyone can produce photos of a Porsche or a Maserati on Nailsworth Ladder or going up Bluehills, then I will buy them many more than one pint of beer at Donnington Brewery next July!

Claims have been made that the revised eligibility regulations will make greatly increased membership possible to owners of newly admitted cars. Perhaps times have changed, but I would have thought that the young and hungry motorist wanting to start competition in an old car will find their budget running to a Model Y Ford or a Seven, or  a Jowett saloon  rather than a Kieft, a Swallow Doretti or a Mercedes. 

An Austin Seven was put up Shelsley on 29th July 1922, some years  before a group of Austin Seven owners had a meeting in the Phoenix, Hartley Wintney. The entry list for the next Clee Hills Trial includes Austin Sevens, and Austin Seven owners in other vehicles. The Seven has been an integral part of sport, and will remain so. Owners of posher cars can be as rude as they like about my Ruby, I will always be very polite to them in pub car parks after Inter-Reg rallies and PWA7C events.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exciting news for Cambridge owners. - by JonE - 26-11-2021, 02:24 PM
RE: Exciting news for Cambridge owners. - by Alan - 26-11-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: Exciting news for Cambridge owners. - by Alan - 27-11-2021, 03:20 PM
RE: Exciting news for Cambridge owners. - by Steve kay - 27-11-2021, 06:35 PM