The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow on the way
Yes, I had heard you were going to get hammered. We've been experiencing severe rain and wind. Sadly, the Ulster Rep is not running at present, so we'll be driving the Subaru until it gets stuck, while the Ulster would still be charging along.

Erich in Mukilteo(The PNW of the USA)
Tony,

Ian has asked me to post this for him.

Plenty of snow at Stannington in Sheffield at 800 feet plus on the ridge. No power here for our street as usual. All the other streets have power. Just attempted to use the Northern Powergrid outages map but first it shows you central France and then it says the map is being updated!
Aah! The joys of living in the Independent Republic of South Yorkshire  Big Grin
When did "outage " cross the Atlantic to poison the language of Shakespeare and Milton. IT'S A BL**DY POWER CUT!!!!
No it’s not. “ Outage” is a perfectly reasonable word to describe what happens to Tesla owners when thier little darlings cannot be entered or will not start. In the sacred world of 6 volts of course, it is anathema.

To continue the literary theme, perhaps “outage” described what Rupert Brooke and friends were up to after moonlight swimming at Cherry Hinton, or Isherwood and pals in Berlin nightclubs. Let us move hastily on…..
(27-11-2021, 10:26 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: When did "outage " cross the Atlantic to poison the language of Shakespeare and Milton. IT'S A BL**DY POWER CUT!!!!

Maybe 'outage' arrived here at the same time as things stopped being swapped and had to be 'swapped out'. Or maybe it was when petrol pipes became fuel lines. Brake lines. And what are 'headers'? It used to be something in soccer.

When 'have' was replaced by 'of'.

Have you noticed how the word 'an' is disappearing? People seem to write 'a Austin' and 'a experience'.

Bring back the 1950s.    Outage? No such word.

(27-11-2021, 10:26 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: When did "outage " cross the Atlantic to poison the language of Shakespeare and Milton. IT'S A BL**DY POWER CUT!!!!

Maybe 'outage' arrived here at the same time as things stopped being swapped and had to be 'swapped out'. Or maybe it was when petrol pipes became fuel lines. Brake lines. And what are 'headers'? It used to be something in soccer.

When 'have' was replaced by 'of'.

Have you noticed how the word 'an' is disappearing? People seem to write 'a Austin' and 'a experience'.

Bring back the 1950s.    Outage? No such word.
Sorry boys quicker to type "outage" than "Power cut"
I disapprove of the Americanisation of British language. Apologies Erich. We are slowly being taken over by the numerous American programmes on our tellies.
Or should I have written "Americanization" and "programs"
So the authorities will be out with their gritters polluting the environment with salt, so much for COP 26.
Dave, I knew there were warnings of high winds but didn’t realise they were that strong they had blown South Yorkshire into France.

John.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.