The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looking to contact David Cochrane
Hooray!
(22-11-2021, 05:43 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Have yet to see results for Saturday, to find out whether David has earned praise  or needs consolation.
Mild praise - we scraped a 3rd Class!
Also partly helped by our new Anlas tyres as suggested by Henry 3 weeks ago.
Reckless
Unfortunately the Haggis we breed in Devon can't swim but if you can train some homing frogs to swim over to the well known smuggling beaches close by in Cornwall I may know someone who could strap them together to cary a small  H on their backs back to you. Mind you some may return without their back legs!  Or just pop across in an inflatable and collect some.
EU intransigence and silly rules - just a couple of the reasons for parting company.

David C and others..sorry to hear you are having such problems.  Hopefully things will get better.  Meanwhile we will all use our A7s more to make things wear out quicker so we need to order more sooner.

Dennis
(22-11-2021, 12:57 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: It is with great regret that from today we have had to suspend taking orders from our friends in continental Europe. We have been forced into taking this decision because of the high number of parcels that are not being delivered, or are being returned with no reason, or are being lost or stolen. The has caused considerable disruption and has resulted in delays to all our customers – this is not a situation that can continue. We hope that this decision will be temporary and that we will soon be able to find a way to ensure that  parcels can be delivered reliably.

David & Ilke

hi david,

i totally sympathise, as a few months ago. i took the same decision.

if owners in the EU, want to go ahead with an order. i send a full copy of postage with tracking details. and the customer has to agree to take all responsibility for the parcel after that.

covid cost me a fortune in losses, and still is causing problems.

brexit seams to be the problem with the EU, and although it may be political. and some dont want us to talk about it. its about time the EU grew up and took responsibility. i thought a dummy mascot was apt for a baby austin. but perhaps the EU need them more.

tony
Thanks Tony - it's good to know that I'm not alone! If I find a way round this I'll certainly share it.

The main losers in all this nonsense are ordinary decent A7 owners, of whatever nationality.
Hmmm.
I was under the impression that an oven ready solution to all problems such as this had been successfully negotiated on our behalf some time ago.
(22-11-2021, 08:22 PM)Ian Dunford Wrote: Hmmm.
I was under the impression that an oven ready solution to all problems such as this had been successfully negotiated on our behalf some time ago.

The sausages clearly weren't oven ready. 

C
Nor was there an oven to put them in...but hey, we got rid of their unelected commissioner and installed our own unelected commissioner "Frosty the Placeman" so that's all right then.
(23-11-2021, 09:23 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Nor was there an oven to put them in...but hey, we got rid of their unelected commissioner and installed our own unelected commissioner "Frosty the Placeman" so that's all right then.

Yes, Lord Frost is here to sort out the northern Irish Protocol; this 'solution' was originally negotiated with the input of a 'Special Advisor' called David Frost. Political perpetual motion right there.
The cause of these delays is entirely at the door of the EU. Upon Brexit, the Punishment Organisation started up and, instead of working towards a mutually beneficial solution with the UK, they imposed what a Dutch friend describes as "...a raft of deliberately unclear and confusing regulations and encouraged counties to make it as hard as possible for the UK to sell into the EU". Naturally, the UK did not respond in kind and parcels from the EU into the UK are not held up at all (indeed, I receive them from many other countries and none are delayed). In addition, simultaneously with the attempt at punishment, the EU remove the small-value VAT exception from all imports, thus loading on even more paperwork for the customs authorities, who now have to deal with thousands of small parcels that were previously just waved through. Said Dutch friend imports electronic components from the USA, and now struggles to get anything through at all. He works as a contractor for ESA (European Space Agency) and designs and makes vital components for the forthcoming fifth Lagrange mission.