The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looking to contact David Cochrane
(22-11-2021, 12:57 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: It is with great regret that from today we have had to suspend taking orders from our friends in continental Europe. We have been forced into taking this decision because of the high number of parcels that are not being delivered, or are being returned with no reason, or are being lost or stolen. The has caused considerable disruption and has resulted in delays to all our customers – this is not a situation that can continue. We hope that this decision will be temporary and that we will soon be able to find a way to ensure that  parcels can be delivered reliably.

David & Ilke

It is actually a problem. I am speaking by italian side: I think that italian Customs has not yet sorted how manage the new situation. Buying from GB has became a nightmare. Hope it will be solved asap.
This has not been an easy decision to take, but over the past few weeks I have spent hours chasing parcels or trying to get compensation for lost parcels, or answering calls & e-mails from European customers wondering why their parts haven't arrived, or re-sending parts that have been lost. The situation seems to have got much worse recently. So far this morning I have done nothing except try to deal with all this, and I would prefer to spend my time doing something useful!

However, a chance phone call just now has revealed a possible way forward, so normal (if probably more expensive) European delivery service can hopefully be resumed fairly soon.
(22-11-2021, 04:11 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: However, a chance phone call just now has revealed a possible way forward, so normal (if probably more expensive) European delivery service can hopefully be resumed fairly soon.

Thanks for your efforts.
Phew! That's a relief. Can you send me some haggis as well?
Ah, the Warwickshire haggis. A little known beast, sometimes to be seen scurrying along the towpath of the Grand Union Canal. Much smaller than the proper Scottish haggis, whose savage teeth allow it to fell trees on the banks of the Forth & Clyde, and chew through the balance beams of lock gates. Anyone reading this, has like myself, decided that enough chilly workshop time is enough for one day. Have yet to see results for Saturday, to find out whether David has earned praise or needs consolation.
I wonder if this European delivery problem is a covid related one or one of the unforeseen "benefits"of leaving the EU? I know that my import of pewter from Italy has become a bit more tricky but manageable.
In Italy it is a brexit related issue. But I think it is by our side.
Does this count as politics, and is banned, or can comments be made? Brexit is a disaster for many, including those of us involved with old machinery. 2CV parts from Belgium are difficult to import and suddenly much more expensive. Pals have given up finding treasures on leboncoin. Forum members in the music business can confirm that doing a few gigs just across the Channel  in France or Germany has become less easy than a full American tour might have been four years ago. Racing in France or Germany is difficult, a car on a trailer might attract little attention, or if les douaniers are having a bad day, or have been told to take revenge for the activities of Lord Frostie, crews might have to unload and account for tools, spare engines etc, and demonstrate that these items  are not for trade. What's a missed ferry or two. For those flying private jets to their pal's villas or opening offices in Dublin, all this might not matter. For many of us it matters a lot.
It has unfortunately affected my A7 business in a hugely negative way too, including to and from Northern Ireland!

Shipping in and out of the UK to the EU has become so protracted, complicated and unreliable that it is simply not worth the hassle and inevitable losses to smaller traders like myself, I am not in the least bit surprised to read David's comments above.

My comments are about A7s but I could also have helped Reckkers with his Haggis, in the past.
I used to order my Haggis from Campbell's in Linlithgow but since "B****t" the export of uncooked meats and meat products is banned. Fortunately I have found someone local that can do the business for our Burns supper in 2022. Slanté.