The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journalist request - A7 owners with vehicle history
Nick - sent you an e-mail about my Chummy.
Have sent your details to Alan Barnes who has a 1934 RP saloon which belonged to his father. He managed to buy the car back a few years ago and has not long got it back on the road with the help of Paul Laurence. Has pictures and history of resto to back up 

.jpeg   2C60EFE1-0FEC-4D33-9A67-AA8751D97C67.jpeg (Size: 96.53 KB / Downloads: 318)
My Type 75 has a history and photos back to the early sixties when it was bought by Mike Stewart who subsequently restored it. The archives have the history and photos which Mike graciously donated recently. I'm not sure if this car would qualify as the history does not go back beyond Mike. Let me know if this might be of interest.The car is currently with Chris Garner.

Erich in Mukilteo
Thanks Joseph. I'll wait to hear from Alan.

Erich - Please email me your contact details and if poss a couple of pictures of the car. Thanks.
Nick

I'll try and dredge up a photo history of my Speedy including a 1950 picture of it when owned by Howard Annett's aunt.

What is the time scale?

Martin
Thanks Martin. Next few days please.
Pleased to say that the said classic car magazine has been in touch with Alan Barnes and they want to visit himself and the car.
(21-11-2021, 09:23 AM)JonE Wrote: I had been thinking that the Harris new acquisition would give exactly what journalists need... and introduce the possibility of an eyes-on-stalks ride when the engine is restored to use...

With designers all around us are working on the last hurrah of combustion-engined supercars, (look up the new Gordon Murray offering) that would still make some headlines beyond the Moreton Times.

Which one?! (Meaning both Harris & car.)

Problem with the newly acquired car is that we don't really know it's history at the moment.

Not sure which magazine it is but the Ulster rep has been in Classic and Sports Car and the Forrest has been in Octane recently.

However I think that dad's OY would be a better bet. Coming up to 60 years of ownership I think.
Hi Nick, I have three potential candidates with pictures back to the 1950's / 60's and histories from new. (1) 1929 van ex. Malcolm Marsh. (2) 1932 van ex. John Thorne, Viv Orchard, Daniel Doncaster and (3) My old 1934 Box saloon with pictures of when it was a trials car in the '60's. Any use?
I also have a '29 fabric saloon with lovely history from new and pictures, but the car is is a million bits at the moment, so not much use, a '28 tractor conversion, ex Ray Walker, pictures from the 60's. 
!925 chummy, perfect history but no pictures.
!932 Box. ditto.
1931 Ulster. in bits. no known history, pictures or paperwork at all!

Sorry I didn't come forward before, but I mistakenly guessed that you wanted pictures from new with the first owner etc.