The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journalist request - A7 owners with vehicle history
In my capacity as the team member handling marketing and publicity for the Centenary Event I have been approached by a journalist who writes for one of the well-respected car magazines.

They would like to be put in contact with some Austin Seven current owners who have a well documented history of their car - photos are vital - going back as far as possible. If the photos went back as far as the original owner, that would be marvellous. Or maybe it could be a vehicle that has been in the same family ownership for decades and photos would show the generations.

In the first instance please send me an email giving a very brief outline of the A7 model you own and what photographic history you can show.

Thanks

nicksalmon@splinta.co.uk
I cannot believe that there is no forum member who could not help with this... ( Sorry, I think that is a triple negative, but hopefully you get the gist...)
Nick, I have emailed you.
(20-11-2021, 10:06 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Nick, I have emailed you.

So have I!
I had been thinking that the Harris new acquisition would give exactly what journalists need... and introduce the possibility of an eyes-on-stalks ride when the engine is restored to use...

With designers all around us are working on the last hurrah of combustion-engined supercars, (look up the new Gordon Murray offering) that would still make some headlines beyond the Moreton Times.
Thanks to those who have replied so far. More needed please (it will be a multi car feature - or could turn in to several articles over time).

Austin - good suggestion from Jon about your new acquisition. How about it?
Nick.

I would volunteer my own car, but I don't think it fits the criteria set out in the original post. Although it is a 'matching numbers' car, more or less as it came out of the factory and, from what I do know about it, the mileage is probably genuine (currently 110400)and its previous owner had the car for almost 50 years, I have no record of its history before 1957 and certainly no photographs prior to my ownership. The records ware transferred from Aberdeen to Cheshire C.C. in the late 60's but enquiries with Cheshire C.C.'s archive department seem to show that they have no record of the car.

If, despite these shortcomings, the car is of interest please contact me either through the forum or as follows:-

davidpant-teg@inbox.com or 01678 520284 or 07950 889663.
David - Thanks for the kind offer. However, as you thought, the lack of photos does unfortunately mean it's unsuitable for inclusion.
Nick - there is a Nippy owner who I've recently put in touch with two of the former owners from 50s and 60s and there are lots of photos. I'll forward your email to him as I don't believe he skulks here.
Lots of colourful history right back to Day One, but sadly no photos. Damn!