The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves
I've asked this question before but never had a n explanatory answer;;

WHAT EXACTLY is the difference in the "Slightly stronger" rear offside rear springs introduced in early 1934 on the RP saloons and AH tourers from the nearside type that didn't alter??

Does ANYBODY now know?
dare I suggest its just the same as landrover springs. 

Same spring. Slightly more camber to counter the drivers weight. 

I believe on a Landrover it 1/4 inch (or it is by my measurement)
I well remember going to the stores at Wallis's, the excellent Rover agent, in Cambridge in the late '60s. I needed parts fro my Rover 2000. The man in front of me was buying a set of 4 springs for his Land Rover. The storeman was explaining carefully that al 4 springs were different. He then went on to give the part no for each spring and which wheel it was for.
The storemen were brilliant. They knew all the frequently used parts numbers and exactly where they were. For these parts the service was instant. No looking in books are scrolling through screens.
Those days are long gone.
Our fabric saloon sits a bit higher on the drivers side but that is because the N/S spring is very worn. About level with the driver aboard.
Jim