The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Centenary Bookings
Tony
The Napier Railton went fast enough to open a parachute, I suspect a Seven may not. Now have you never descended a hill and had to makes the decision that of all the things in front of you, the least damaging is going to be the hedge?
hi steve.

i think there must be to many tonys on here? 

i know nothing of parachutes.

ill have to do as others, and in stead of useing my real name.  think of something more confusing.

ill see if i can change my details to spanner monkey, although others may have already used that. ill have a think.

tony.

ps, in the first year of owning the supersports. useing the previous owners lack of brakes. decending a long steap hill the worry wasnt how much value of damage was going to be done. more of who was going to die me or my passenger.
Tonys many, various and all esteemed

Tony Griffiths put up the parachute picture. Tony Betts, fear not, whilst a quiet and modest chap, everybody knows who you are, and since everybody knows what you look like I can't think that you would ever need to show an ID card!

As a driver and as a navvy, I think hedges are a very good idea. Mountain roads with nothing between the car and the bottom of the gorge are another matter.
Hi Tony, way not change you name to Super Swan. S&P
(20-10-2021, 06:47 AM)Steve kay Wrote: Tonys many, various  and all esteemed

Tony Griffiths put up the parachute picture. Tony Betts, fear not, whilst a quiet and modest chap, everybody knows who you are, and since everybody knows what you look like I can't think that you would ever need to show an ID card!

As a driver and as a navvy, I think hedges are a very good idea. Mountain roads with nothing between the car and the bottom of the gorge are another matter.

Thanks steve,

I didnt twig at first, as I was the tony above reply.

Then I thought about it and scrolled back a page Angel

I stuart, I did mean to ask how the swans were doing. I've not had much time for footie this year. So I have to take Tracy's word when she tells me the canaries are top of the premier leage.

As for names, after gas monkeys, fast and loud. I did think of calling myself. Loud and fast monkey gas?

Tony.
There was a good piece in the new A7OC London mag from Howard which was discussing the person capacity for the site. If 1000 cars are expected for the Saturday and 2500 max. site person capacity, then it may be that people could miss out if they don't get a booking in early. I booked yesterday, added the 7 which could get feasibly there when built (but I will be easily able to change on the website nearer the time if it doesn't!) I also registered for the free pass for Prescott just to keep options open, depending on how much time I get off. Result. 25 quid and feel much more relaxed that I am able to get all that access... but at the same time completely happy even if I only get there in a modern for the Saturday, me being me.
Could perhaps an organiser correct me in anything I have intuited wrongly from the article, (particularly about maximum site capacity) and I'll alter the post?
But it seemed a no-brainer not to get the 25 quid booking registered to keep an option open for being there. It is also going to spur me on with getting things put together!
You are absolutely correct in your actions and assumptions, so far as I am aware Jon.
(19-10-2021, 09:56 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Tony
The Napier Railton went fast enough to open a parachute, I suspect a Seven may not. Now have you never descended a hill and had to makes the decision  that of all the things in front of you, the least damaging is going to be the hedge?

To Mike Costigan: You will no doubt remember, Mike, the call to "Stick it in the hedge!".
Indeed I do; I've got photographic evidence of the resulting damage, too!
Stick in the hedge in Cornwall does not end well, the hedges usually have an extremly solid dry stone wall hiding in the foliage.