The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter preparations
I use my car all year round, when the weather is favourable. Fortunately down here the local authority don't put much salt down, and if the roads are wet I don't take the car out anyway. Whilst winters here can be colder than in the UK, we do get lots of sunny days and once any frost has been burned off it can be fine for a run round the block. My car has antifreeze in the cooling system and I don't do any other specific preparations for winter other than keeping lubrication levels up. I have stopped doing the local winter rally, which usually involved venturing up high and into the snow as after 12 years it started to take a toll on the car, and a recent respray of all four wings means that I now prefer to keep it dry. The underside is thoroughly waxoyled now most of the oil leaks have been stemmed.

Photo of a photo...

[Image: DSCN1080.jpg]
Hi All

Many thanks for all the replies.

I’m used to rugging up in bad weather having been an avid hill walker for many years. I’ve done most of the high hills in England and Wales and over 70 Munros in Scotland.  

It’s a shame that salt on the roads causes so much harm. I guess it’s probably wreaking similar havoc on my modern but I don’t expect that to last more than 10 to 20 years let alone over 90.

Just been out for a run in the Special around the lanes.  The temperature is around 15 degrees but the wind chill is quite high and I was glad of my Barbour and woolly hat (I’ll save the sheepskin for colder drier days  Smile).

Cheers

Howard