The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials Tyres
Yes, it's the Sunday morning meeting of Latin O Level Anonymous. " Hallo, my name is Charlie Camshaft, and I got Latin O level in 1966. Or was it 1959? Or maybe 1972, no that was watching Pink Floyd at All Saints Hall." Next week, how often I failed maths O level, which is why I still can't work out Deltic firing order. Yes many of us have been at our keyboards for some time this morning, emails about Sevens were exchanged hours ago.
Going to bring this back to tyres...

I posted on the VSCC forum in a sort of tongue in cheek comment, but has anyone tried twin wheels on the rear for trialing yet?

Even more extreme after a pub conversation a while ago someone suggested off centre wheels, for a sort of built in bouncer effect.

Quick search seems someone has done this is Russia to a Lada, quite an odd video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc3_EdZuRug
I’ve always thought it might be worth trying square or hexagonal wheels.
Years ago I had a set of trials wheels filled with water to add weight. A bit tricky on cold days as I remember. In my professional life I did try to persuade wheel manufacturers to make wheels that were slightly eccentric so you could balance out tyre force variations. No takers though.
Alan Fairless
Heavens, Alan. Next you'll be suggesting that certain trialists might have their "spares" filled with water for ballast of dubious legality. Not that I have ever tried to get a water filled spare under the bonnet of a Dyane, good lord no.
No. What you really need is to fill your tyres with sulphur hexafluoride……
Alan Fairless