The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Nippy owner

.jpg   Outside port.jpg (Size: 438.96 KB / Downloads: 272)                    

OK. I have a bitzer. Thanks for the engine info....awesome. Here's more pics and I have more to come next post. The tax tag says "34. might just be another thing thrown at this ....car?....or jigsaw puzzle?

And I am going to get a couple with the engine cover.....bonnet.....on.

OK....learning more about the computer than bitzer Smile

So this is with the covers on. Holes for headers on the drivers side. I am missing a few of the "holder inner " clips on the bottom edge. What might I call these?

So many questions....

Thanks again by the way!
yup, think that XX 1546 (?) and that registration date would be too early for the chassis.
Any sign of body number stamp?

ah - seen transmission tunnel! Don't bother looking - must have gone.
The front suspension looks to be Sprite/Midget. Back axle could be too.
At this point only the engine number and the plate number. The handbrake is gone so I think the number near the handbrake likely went with it. I am going to want a handbrake....
The tax disc is an original 1924 disc that has been tampered with:

.jpg   1924.jpg (Size: 43.94 KB / Downloads: 230)

A genuine 1934 disc is a different pattern:

.jpg   1934.jpg (Size: 43.83 KB / Downloads: 231)

Ah, and this too. Might this tell something perhaps?
Yes, XX was a London issued registration and all London registration records were either destroyed during the blitz or disposed of following the move from individual County Council control to centralised UK vehicle licensing by the DVLA in Swansea from the mid 1960's onwards. The only information I can find regarding similar two letter London registrations is that the XV series was first issued in October 1928 and the full allocation to XV 9999 was issued before the end of 1929. That would suggest as John has already said that the registration XX 1546 is way too early for a Nippy.

Ralph,

ULT 139 would have been issued by London between August 1957 and October 1958. Interestingly all ULT registrations were allocated in blocks - for example London Transport and Royal Mail / Post Office Telephones would take block allocations for their new bus fleets and delivery and engineer van fleets so they'd have consecutive numbering.
Well I have a load to go on, thankyou all so much. 

At this point I shall refer to her as a "Nippy bitzer"

So I have fluid volumes for engine , gearbox and diff.  I have to go over the brakes and she should be ready for a drive, next week perhaps.

She fires right up, wants to run no doubt. I had to give the starter a deep going over but thats fine now. 

It would appear that most spares are going to Austin Healy or midget. Some body parts are going to austin seven I think, like the bonnet "holder inner thingo's". And the boot lid.....a decision will have to be made there, try a nippy boot or knock up something....which I am loath to do.

The good news is I would normally strive for return to original but that would be unwise , so adding a some gorgeous woodwork to the interior, perhaps the dash , would not be out of order.
Ralph - I think that you have a blank canvas to work on with this. Go for it and have fun!
You have a perfectly serviceable handbrake in the Garage.
I suspect it is marked CQR made in Scotland you just need to attach the chain and throw it overboard.

On the rear brake backplates there should be two levers witheyes in them for attaching the handbrake cable.
When you get this car sorted its going to be a lot of exiting fun to drive.
There are a couple of Nippys with the BMC A series engine in the UK
I remember seeing one with padlocks on the bonnet to stop folks seeing why it went so fast.
Have fun with it.