The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Centenary Event - pricing announced
I'm sure a non-A7 owner who helps by bringing someone's second car qualifies as an honorary owner!
Hi Mike
Yes if a non A7 owner brings a seven fine.
My point is if 50 non A7 take up a c/pitch and bring a Ford there is only 200 c/pitchs left for A7nrs to bring a A7.
Some A7 may be put off coming if they have to go outside to another c/site that mean 200 A7 not 250 going on bringing
one car each.
Even though it would be nice to see other makes of car the rally is our centenary OUR CARS ARE THE SHOW.

Brian
hi brian,

i think the one thing for anyone to remember is its the 100th anniversary of the "austin seven"

so the austin 7 should come first, not the owners or anything else. inc other makes of car. or clubs.

i dont see why anyone would want or need to bring anything other than an austin 7 based vehicle. 

and if people feel the need to bring something else non austin 7 related to show off, then perhaps they could be kept off site. or at least in a parking area away from the displays. let the austin seven have its day.

tony.
Hi Tony. yes that would make a lot of sense, our Austins will only have a century"party"  once.S&P
Quite right Tony, only Austin Sevens will be allowed on to the rally field. All other cars will be parked separately:
"All non-Austin 7 vehicles will be directed to an appropriate parking place on entry to the event; there will be separate parking for trailers and cars, both modern and non-A7 Classics."

David
I think Brian has a good point it would be a shame if Austin 7 owners who are attending the event are unable to get camping space because its taken up with none 7 people why not make it open to members of Austin 7 clubs first then nearer the event open up to allcommers if there is still space
(01-08-2021, 03:01 PM)Jeff Blight Wrote: I think Brian has a good point it would be a shame if Austin 7 owners who are attending the event are unable to get camping space because its taken up with none 7 people why not make it open to members of Austin 7 clubs first then nearer the event open up to allcommers if there is still space

And how, exactly, do you propose that that be administered? It would need people booking spaces to provide details of their A7 club membership and then those details being checked back with all the various A7 clubs. Administrative nightmare for those organising the week who've already got masses of other things to do. This is to be a 100% Austin 7 event. The attraction to non A7 people is likely to be quite small. I'd suggest you're looking to solve a problem that's unlikely to occur  Exclamation

Steve

Daisy has been testing out some pre production centenary regalia today in the Scottish Borders.

The hat was taken up to a steady 60mph and stayed in place, she has pronounced it a success!
Sixty miles per hour? Outrageous!
Stickers, too?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)