The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thwarted
There's a photo with Len Brockas on at the moment from Southport 1928?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174844458495?...SwjfJg8pGv
Not wishing to be unscrupulous, but is there any copyright on old photographs such as these? They look good enough to make a nice copy of for the Archive. It's for the greater good after all, not for profit or publication.
I *think* in cases such as the above, copyright is generally owned by the photographer and extends for his/ her lifetime + 70 years (under the 1995 revision).

This might not be the case if, for example, the photographer was hired to take the picture for, say, a periodical - then it would be subject to terms of contract.

The person who bought it from eBay bought a print, not the copyright to the photo.

Where it might get complicated is that the above image is not in fact the original photo, but a photo of the photo taken by the eBay seller, who may or may not have held the right to copy it...

Splendid picture anyhow. I suggest the way is to make use of it and be ready to back down if (unlikely) challenged. It's probably not wise to use 'borrowed' images commercially.
I use Goofbid,I can set my bid and bid 2 seconds before the auction end
(19-07-2021, 05:50 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Hugh

I hope I’m not teaching grandma to suck eggs but my strategy with eBay is not to bid until the very last few seconds (5 seconds normally). Often putting bids in early simply results in a bidding war putting them in with 5 seconds to go gives the competition no chance to counter bid. 

Cheers

Howard

The best plan is to use snipe software like "Auction Sniper", Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay

You can place your bid at your convenience, deciding your maximum amount. The software bids on your behalf with a few seconds to go (you choose the time when you set it up), assuming price at that time is below your maximum. You don't have to watch or waste time worrying about pressing the right button at the right moment, just log in later and pay up if you won.

No, it's not free after the initial few bids but I put about $15 a year on it (£8 - £10) and that lasts for all the eBay bidding I need (quite a lot my wife tells me Undecided )
What is an RF saloon please? My A7CA list does not include. Is it a fabric R? The windscreen pillars look substantial. Do the doors extend full depth? Presumably if rear hinged no cutouts for guards?
Bob, hopefully this will answer your question:
http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploa...ooklet.pdf
Do you think someone has changed round the door orientation on that Fabric Saloon? It doesnt seem possible, but isnt that a latch?
I think this is a 1929/30 season Mulliner fabric saloon. It has lost the dummy dumb irons, but the windscreen design (made by Pearce of Worcester), the design of the sunshine roof, and the general lines of the car and the forward opening doors are strong clues....! The glare vizor over the windscreen has either been removed or perhaps adjusted to as to be near horizontal and so not to be clearly visible.
Well spotted Jon. Yes it is not an RF, apologies, but as Monsdonnet says, a Mulliner saloon, introduced in late '29.
I also think that the external glass sun visor is angled just above the horizontal.
I'm not surprised the front dumb irons are missing. Adjustment of the front shocks was impossible with them fitted.
Also note the conventional Austin scuttle vents, these being fitted to this model as opposed to the earlier circular ones.

A very interesting photo. of an uncommon model.