The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not A7 - but a real car-enthusiat's "anorak" test question.
Note the slightly different grille on the Austin as to the Morris grilles.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(13-07-2021, 09:24 AM)John Mason Wrote: Note the slightly different grille on the Austin  as to the Morris grilles.

John Mason
Yes, the Austin grill mirrors that used on the early Austin 7 Mini.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The wavy grille was used by Austin 5 years before the Mini, on the Austin Cambridge of 1955
And just in case we should forget that 60's rot box...
[Image: 800px-Austin_1100_Mk_2_two_door_1098cc_July_1969.JPG]
Spotted today in Boroughbrige

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I learnt to drive in a Morris Minor pickup on a grass airfield at the age of 13. I could handle opposite lock before being able to reverse.
It may have been formative.

c
(13-07-2021, 11:38 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Spotted today in Boroughbrige

Hi Duncan

You may have realised but the car spotted is not an original pickup but one made from either a van or estate.  You can tell by the seam across the roof and down the sides. The rear windows are wrong too.

Cheers

Howard
(13-07-2021, 01:16 PM)Howard Wright Wrote:
(13-07-2021, 11:38 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Spotted today in Boroughbrige

Hi Duncan

You may have realised but the car spotted is not an original pickup but one made from either a van or estate.  You can tell by the seam across the roof and down the sides. The rear windows are wrong too.

Cheers

Howard

May have been a van when it left the factory; wouldn't have been an estate (Traveller) as they didn't have a proper chassis at the rear - it's just peeking out under the pickup bed in that photo. The only certain way to check what it started out as is the chassis number/VIN prefix. MAV = van; MAU =Pickup.

BTW, the factory pickups did have a seam across the cab, filled with a rubber moulding, you can just see it in the photo of my old "Sudden Green" (as my mates dubbed the colour) pickup on the previous page.
Thanks Stuart

Cheers

Howard
The rear windows look to be the same shape as the van rear door ones ...However, I agree it seems to me " made from " rather than original.