The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not A7 - but a real car-enthusiat's "anorak" test question.
So, what's this? It turned up - in mint condition - at today's charity gathering for Baslow Junior school. I've never seen one before like this before, complete with the full canvas top (the last basic one remember was upside down in a field, put there by an over-enthusiastic friend, Philip Musaleskie).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's a Morris 1000 pickup. Sometimes I have seen Morris 1000 vans badged as Austin. Our friend Chris Wells's brother had a Morris 1000 pickup for his business.
Hi Tony

We followed one into the show ring at Kington agricultural show a couple of years ago.

Sorry image is a bit blurred.

Cheers

Howard

My father also had one for his business...in green.
It's a Morris Minor Pickup but badged as an Austin as late commercial versions often were. BOA 787K. Our Milk Man had one in the early seventies.

Steve
Minor Pickup for sure. IIRC the later 8 cwt models were Austin badged, and the 6 cwt ones were Morris badged.  I bought one  about 30 years ago  for fetching and carrying when I was restoring our current Victorian pile. Of course, the pickup had huge amounts of badly repaired chassis rot so I had to do a running restoration on the pickup as well.

Post restoration...

[Image: 32212254452_e2bc96e59a_z.jpg]
Just found these: the pickup needed a bit more than a wipe over with an oily rag:
[Image: 51304481397_e0d713d2c5_z.jpg]

new chassis sections welded in at the rear.
[Image: 51306235025_59e576db2d_z.jpg]

Front of chassis was no better, on the cut out section you can see where some comedian has attached a piece of  Dexion with what appears to be some birds**t

[Image: 51305948609_f42414fe48_z.jpg]

Cab didn't look so great once all the filler and fibreglass was removed.

[Image: 51305423668_e847780096_z.jpg]

Better with new floors, sills etc welded in.

[Image: 51306238640_86f9bc64f0_z.jpg]

When I bought this it had a brand new MOT, Not sure whether it was Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder who was responsible for the testing.
Goodness!! 

Hope you didn't pay a lot for it  Huh
A terrific, as-new restoration done over nine years.

Looking at the paint finish (especially the under bonnet area) I'd say it's now rather better than new -impressive workmanship there.