The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Ruby lives again
It looks to be a thoroughly nice usable car. And with so much personal history attached. Enjoy!
Come on Tony, let Anne have a go in it!
Dave.
(20-05-2021, 02:44 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Come on Tony, let Anne have a go in it!
Dave.
No! No! It's mine - all mine!
In reality, she's really looking forward to using it - and will have the first drive of course when it comes back.
As delivered...

I love a bit of patina!
Just out of interest how long work take?
A restoration like this normally takes 18 months - lockdowns impacted on this particular project in various ways however.
Puts my three and a half years into the shade.....
Ruairidh,
I'd love a copy of these photos, please, as we were too shame-faced to take them at the time? It would be wonderful to capture, for posterity, the magnificent job you've done in bringing Ruby back to life..... because no one will remember the dreadful state she was in, they'll just be admiring of her current beauty. We do, of course, have the collection of work-in-progress photos, but I haven't seen these "before" shots until now.
I'm so looking forward to hearing and smelling that engine again.
Cheers,
Anne.
(21-05-2021, 09:34 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: A restoration like this normally takes 18 months - lockdowns impacted on this particular project in various ways however.
Ruaridh has done a terrific job - and also been very enthusiastic about reporting all the small differences that have emerged between this very early Ruby and later ones. Restoring an early open A7 is a walk in the park compared to any saloon version and I thoroughly admire his skill and patience in taking it on.