The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What, a dog?
One of the things that film-makers get wrong:   if you are in an open car, going forwards, your hair, ribbons, what have you, generally blows FORWARDS, due to the turbulent air flow behind the screen.

You need the screen folded down for it to blow the "right" way.
(15-05-2021, 10:13 AM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Given the direction of flow of the lady's ribbon she appears to be reversing at speed with gay abandon and the dog seems like it doesn't want to look.
The flow of air is, surprisingly, correct. As it passes over the screen it stalls, this causing a backward movement. Modern convertibles often have a vertical mesh screen behind the front seats to ameliorate the effect.
My Austin Seven is a complete PIG to drive.
She could be parked on a cliff top with a strong sea breeze blowing. Has her partner/ navigator gone for ice cream, or can the dog spot the queue at the whelk stall?
OMG I see what Gladys meant now when she said her husband was a swine!

This comes with apologies to anyone who’s wife’s name is Gladys - and, by implication, to their husband.
(15-05-2021, 10:07 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: What is the young lady holding in her right hand?

I think it may be a silk purse... she's on her way to the abattoir... did nobody tell her?
60 and more years ago there were minor roads just out of our small town where a farmers dog or two would routinely pace nearly every car that chanced to pass. I can recall some routes we as boys we were afraid to bicycle. Also common on the more remote unsealed back country roads. Was that a feature in UK?. Or were dogs disciplnied more? Or too much traffic everywhere.?
Yes, it still happens in the UK, Bob. Farmers' dogs tend to be more tolerant of modern cars, but travel in something more unusual - it doesn't have to be as old as a Seven! - and they're out of the farmyard and chasing it like they're after a rabbit.
Off topic neither vintage or girls but it is an Austin Seven and a dog

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perfect. Lovely car, lovely dog.