The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopping in reverse
In my experience, the cause is usually over adjusted rear brake cables. As you take up the drive in reverse, torque reaction tips the axle slightly, applying the rear brakes.
Thanks for that thought...my brakes are hydraulics, with a not very effective handbrake....
However I have dismantled the unit and they were totally sprinbound! Could this cause the problem....
As a matter of note the discs were unworn (one on each cracked though) and clearly ANDRE!

I better get a couple of discs to replace them I suppose!
(23-04-2021, 02:02 PM)David.H Wrote: Thanks for that thought...my brakes are hydraulics, with a not very effective handbrake....
However I have dismantled the unit and they were totally sprinbound! Could this cause the problem....
As a matter of note the discs were unworn (one on each cracked though) and clearly ANDRE!

I better get a couple of discs to replace them I suppose!

Disc Brakes on an Austin 7 - now there is posh !
David,
I fitted an SU carburettor to my 1933 RP which transformed the engine performance which then also allowed me to reverse slowly at tick over speed such that all the kangaroo effect that I’d previously had in reversing disappeared.
I had checked all the brake settings and suspension to no effect but fitting the carburettor surprised me with the results.

Roger