The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange
Although it is accepted that views on Facebook, vary, this is an issue that is unrelated to Facebook, per se. This is a private group that happens to 'live' in Facebook and the behaviour seems to be completely down to the decisions of 'the lovely Samantha..'
Oh and I am always suspicious of anyone or any company who advertises themselves as award winning. Having been in marketing for many years, the one thing absolutely anyone can have is an award.
Easiest way is to be basically pretty good at what you do, apply to a local paper award, buy some advertising, a table at the award ceremony and voila you win and can advertise yourself as 'award winning'.
Once you get bigger you then can buy yourself a great sounding 'Frost and Sullivan' award. To get this you just need to self publish a press release saying that your thing is the best. Then you contact F&S and they offer you an award based on 'extensive research'. The catch is that you are not allowed to publicise that you have won unless you pay F&S for the copyright. F&S issue thousands of these awards every year and make a small fortune out of the con, charging on average about $15,000 for the right to say you have won a F&S award, with recurring charges once you are sucked in. Great money if you have no scruples.

Andy
currently supplying award winning honey Smile
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I see that Joseph Faulkner has just set up a A7 Spares group. He seems very enthusiastic and genuine in the RP/RN group (plus others) so I have joined.

I suspect he has invited most of his Austin 7 group friends and it will be well patronized.

I find facebook excellent, particularly on the basis you can block idiots, and tailor your posts to specific people. But you must remember group posts are public.
Hi Hedd,

I can't find any details of this new A7 spares group on Facebook - I am a member of the RP/RN group run by Joseph Faulkner.
(14-01-2021, 03:43 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: I find facebook excellent, particularly on the basis you can block idiots, and tailor your posts to specific people. But you must remember group posts are public.

Hedd have you tried blocking somebody on facebook in the last few days? I blocked someone and his comments disappeared only to come back after a couple of hours. Now I don't have the bit to click on to block anyone.

Could you try, and let me know please.
You can press the 'block' button but the idiots are still out there. It keeps me awake at night...
Is this the one "Austin Seven Spares Sale / ExchangePrivate group
  ·1.1K members

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have just got in from work and seen all your replies. Thank you to everyone who has attempted to assist me in trying to access and question the reasoning of this 'hallowed' Facebook group, in particular Martin P, Dave P & Hugh B (sorry if I've missed your name, but I appreciate your efforts).

I'm just sorry to all involved that if it weren't for me posting this thread, you would still be happily browsing and trading A7 spares. I certainly feel vindicated as I thought myself and my brother were being singled out and I couldn't work out why. It appears that anyone who doesn't answer Samantha questions, meet her exacting standards or dare to question why, gets the boot. 

What I thought started out as a simple mis-understanding has turned into this. In hindsight, I for one am glad I wasn't accepted into the group if that's the attitude of the admin. Austin Sevenism (if there is such a word) is a community that I have felt welcomed into, not least by this forum ever since I bought my car. Thanks for that.

Matthew

P.S I will definitely try and join Joseph Faulkner's group - if he accepts 'rejects'  Smile
Joe is a true enthusiast and a member of the Midshires Group of the PWA7C. He has set up several Austin 7 Facebook groups and is completely reliable. I would encourage everyone on the temperamental Austin Seven Spares Sale / Exchange group to move to Joe's 'Austin 7 Spares/Cars for sale Group'.

David
Very strange goings on, over there as well as here.
Guess I can dump that site off my "Sources" bookmarks.
Way out in the Pacific NW, USA