The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange
Hi 

I apologise in advance if this isn't the right area for this post.

I was just wondering if anyone on the forum was a member of the Facebook group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange? I thought it would be a good place to look for spares.

The reason I ask, I only just discovered this group in the last couple of days (my brother was a member and he has tried to send me the link to join). I was having problems receiving the link so my brother asked the admin if they could help. Apparently, because I'm not on a 'register of owners' I can't have access and now my brother appears to have be blocked from the group because he is not an 'Austin 7 owner'.

I can't work out what I have done to offend the admin of the group.

Thanks 

Matthew
How odd! I'm a member of the group (I have to admit I'd forgotten I was). I don't know the person who runs it, but I can send them a message if you like.
Hi Matthew. I've messaged the Admin to confirm that you're the genuine article. Try again!
Hi Dave & Martin,

Thank you for that, I appreciate your help.

It's still showing up as blocked at the minute but I will keep an eye on it. 

From what my brother could show me before he was blocked it looked like a useful group to be in.

Thanks again

Matthew
Iam also having trouble gaining access, and i now believe i have been added to a blocked list, as i cannot find the page when i search for it, but my friends can find it even tho they are not members,

Can someone also mention myself to the Admin team and try and get me access to the page
Samantha Welsh is the Admin on that FB group.
I contacted Samantha on Matthew's behalf, but haven't had a reply.

I'm puzzled by the "not on a register of owners" comment. Surely the names of owners are protected data and not accessible to admins of this sort of group?
That’s strange. I joined the group before I had a 7 and it was through the group that I found my chassis
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Austin7/
By 'members' they mean: members of that specific Facebook Group..... not 'members' of any Austin 7 club or Register...... must be a Babylonian mix up of lingo