The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange
It gets even sillier - a few minutes ago, Dave asked, very politely, on my behalf why I'd been expelled from the group.

He, too, has now been kicked out.
I've just asked the question on the group why people are being declined membership or are being barred. My post is awaiting approval by the Moderator.. That should be interesting!
This sorry saga confirms my opinion of Facebook, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole! It may be handy but they only make it so to glean data, a most valuable commodity.
Hi Hugh. Dave and I, along with the Myerscough brothers, look forward to you joining us in internet purgatory!

Duncan, I think that you're being a bit unfair to well-managed FB groups such as "Austin Seven", which I find to be a very valuable resource.
Perhaps so as I've only had one experience of FB which put me off for life. I deleted my account only weeks after I signed up. A point I emphasised was that they would remove all my data from the system. I still get recognised with a "Welcome back Duncan Grimmond " if I am sent a link which I follow by mistake. They still have my "removed" data available... could be my paranoia but, no thanks.
Hi Duncan,
Agreed. Not for me either.
Nor me, another Luddite here!
I think you'll find that the 'Austin Seven Spares Sale / Exchange' groups admin person is an apparently award winning artist based in mid Wales. Are any of our mid Welsh members familiar with this lady who presumably must own / run an Austin 7 - ring any bells ?
The Admin is called Samantha Welsh from Lladelio, Wales and runs an art /painting business called Supercosmic, the only connection toA7,s I can see is she painted some mugs for South Wales A7 Club
I also don't do Facebook, but for anyone left in this odd sounding group, I am reminded of a famous quote:

Groucho Marx "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON’T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!