The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrating the new Lockdown
(05-01-2021, 01:42 PM)Cliff Ringrose Wrote: Car and pasengers 1960's, Background any time 1900 - 1940.
Time travellers?
Ah yes, Ladbroke Grove 1969. The Chummy is standing by until the director flags Neil Innes and Roger Ruslin Spear to come round the corner in a Trojan, the Chummy will try to chase the Trojan but in a thick cloud of exhaust smoke will crash through the door of the All Saints Hall and interupt a rehersal by Pink Floyd, who had skived off school for the afternoon. The sound track is Vivian Stanshall singing  Do Not Adjust Your Mag. I might have misremebered some of that. Either that or it is the Catford Girls Grammar School Sixth Form Revolutionary Society in 1968, just about to set off to Paris for a little rioting. I must go back to the workshop and play some Nick Drake tracks to the Chummy.
If it is an "OK" Birmingham reg then it is an early car?  "OK - - - 5" ?
I agree, Colin; I'll stand my ground and stick with an early 1920s date, I reckon this is probably OK 9365, which was loaned out on a number of publicity features.

.jpg   1923 chummy OK 9365.jpg (Size: 211.99 KB / Downloads: 325)
Assuming he’s not wearing a wig the chap at the back with the long curly locks is me, circa 1969!
This photo will ring a distant bell in many old A7 lags like myself. I seem to recall that it was published somewhere years ago, perhaps in a Club, A7CA or other book or publication. Afraid I can’t add anything else but maybe someone else recalls the photograph being published, maybe with more detail.
(05-01-2021, 03:47 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Ah yes, Ladbroke Grove 1969. The Chummy is standing by until the director flags Neil Innes and Roger Ruslin Spear to come round the corner in a Trojan, the Chummy will try to chase the Trojan but in a thick cloud of exhaust smoke will crash through the door of the All Saints Hall and interupt a rehersal by Pink Floyd, who had skived off school for the afternoon. The sound track is Vivian Stanshall singing  Do Not Adjust Your Mag. I might have misremebered some of that. Either that or it is the Catford Girls Grammar School Sixth Form Revolutionary Society in 1968, just about to set off to Paris for a little rioting. I must go back to the workshop and play some Nick Drake tracks to the Chummy.
1969 - dash, just six years too late for me, but the 6th Form girls at High Storrs were pretty revolutionary. After all, Philip Larkin's poem's opening lines –
"Sexual intercourse began
In nineteen sixty-three
(which was rather late for me) -
Between the end of the "Chatterley" ban
And the Beatles' first LP"
Steve, I hope you've been listening to the re-run of Viv Stanshall's Tales from Rawlinson End on R4X? I'm sure Sir Henry went to the Fool and Bladder in a Chummy...
Does the girl on the bonnet have Pratt's Spirit on her wings?
It's incredibly difficult to guess at the date of these things- but the lady standing in the centre- that doesn't look like a 20s haircut.
Is part of the image older than other areas maybe? 
I'm not going to argue with the spouses quoted though, I'm not that brave.
Great to see these images with colour added though, it really brings things to life- I'm sure others really enjoyed 'They Shall Not Grow Old'.
(05-01-2021, 05:31 PM)John Gould Wrote: Assuming he’s not wearing a wig the chap at the back with the long curly locks is me, circa 1969!

Hmm The “character” in the top hat looks a bit too feminine. Are you sure John? I’d say it was 1930s

Cheers

Howard