The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Santa, please may I have a new engine...
Whilst navigating a flooded road at night I realised my folly when the headlights on my Volvo 740 started to illuminate underneath the bow wave that was ahead of me. Thankfully the gradient changed, the road went uphill and I came out of the floodwater breathing a sigh of relief.
The "tide mark" along the side of the car was something to behold. It's the kind of foolishness that should only be attempted in a company car

Charles
Hi All

I had a Citroen BX in the early 90’s and it was exceptional in floods.  The hydrodynamic suspension had a high lift setting which was mainly so that you could extract the rear wheels from under the low arches to change a tyre.

The lift must have been a good 9 to 10” easily enough to embarrass most other cars.

Cheers

Howard
I find fords quite easy. If I am in the middle of a trial and there are no Sevens or Marlins marooned in the water, press on vigorously. If, like this morning, I am en route to the bakery and see a large stretch of water, execute a three point turn and take another route. To the BMW prat, one of the three wise men would have called out "Oi, idiot features, that's not a camel." To which would have come a reply "I'm not driving across the desert." Followed by splash, glug, glug hissss, silence.

I've just checked the web sites of our cherished suppliers. Tony advertises no socks, neither do David Cochrane nor Jamie. I wonder if a certain person offers a splendid sort of tartan sock, not only useful for dizzy drying but can carry a claymore as well. Perhaps I should wander down to the workshop and browse the Demon Tweeks catalogue.
Very apt to experience schadenfreude at the woes of a BMW!

I remember a camping holiday in deepest France many years ago when we had to negotiate a serious looking ford. Having waded ahead to check the depth my father removed the fan belt, tied a plastic bag tightly around the distributor and off we went, slowly and steadily. I seem to remember he reckoned the trick was to maintain a constant bow wave.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Colin
Enjoy this one from last February, someone took it as I made my merry way through back from work, I stopped after making it through to help push the white Volvo hatchback out that you might just about see behind my ford popular, I felt rather cocky about passing two stuck moderns... Haha

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20201224_212556_694.jpg (Size: 36.88 KB / Downloads: 195)
perhaps a Sgian Dubh pocket in the sock, a claymore pocket would be better on the christmas mantle.  
Forgive me, I did live many years ago in Lanarkshire, which is definitely not the Highlands.
forgiveness is not the prerogative of a fellow sinner. I had to look up the spelling ! Happy christmas Steve
Chris Gordon's Xmas party for us vintagents in 1984 comprised of a race around Moseley at sub-zero temperatures in our ancient vehicles before repairing to his antique shop for a boozy knees-up. The 2 mile route involved a ford and I sped through in GY 5409 my A7 special with only aero-screens for protection. The resultant spray showered my face with ice. The red pock-marks took weeks to fade.
One the way to the pub I have a choice of taking the bridge on the left or the ford on the right.
As you'd expect, I never never choose the bridge in the Ulster

C