The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Santa, please may I have a new engine...
The local ford is up today and I went with camera to take a few snaps. Imagine my joy when, after a few minutes, a BMW arrived. Now, as we all know, approved method is to take it steady, keep the revs up, and proceed with caution. But you will have noted that this was a BMW...

He accelerated into the ford and nearly disappeared under the bow wave. Within seconds of making it through he was doing a passable impression of a steam engine on full chat up an incline. By the time he got to the top of the hill he had conked out.

I might have smirked. Am I a bad person?

Yes. But aren’t we all?
Alan Fairless
Not at all. In the final analysis the driver is the master of his/ her own destiny. That looks like it might be terminal, but whatever, there is no cure for stupidity.
And bad for sharing it with us to ensure that we too are bad.

A few years back my wife way driving our 10 week old 206 through a mild flood of a few inches.
Along came a large BMW 4WD the other way and instead if waiting to pass 1 and 1 as is the custom, they ploughed ahead as this one has done.
Result a bow wave up against my wife's new car.
206 engine stopped in the middle of the flood (turns out air intake was behind bumper just a few inches from the road).
BMW carried on.
206 burst into flames and burnt out in 10 minutes before fire engine could reach her.

You just have to wait a few years for karma.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Its a manufacturers ploy to sell new engines buy making the engine drink floodwater !!!
Why would one keep the revs up to go through a flood? Why do people drive through floods? 
The Beamer will be TL.
The best way to go through deep water is not at all, but if you have to then backwards is best. You need to rev the engine because the exhaust will be underwater, but the bow wave keeps the water away from the engine compartment and the air intake. Also stops the fan from throwing water all over the lectrics (if it's not a diesel)
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  nick one nick.

it reminds me of my own stoopidity of youth.

walsingham ford.

i new it was high, but hey the works bus got threw it. i had two friends in the car. and the passenger had the window down. so it felt the perfect time to act the idiot.

i put my foot to the floor, we hit the water hard. it was deep enough we had all four wheels of the ground as we floated for about 10 seconds to the other side. the water was around 3 inches from coming over the door.

the engine was still running enough to pull us out of the water the other side. it coughed and sluttered, backfired. and came to a stop 20 feet the other side of the ford.

however a datsun 120a is NOT a modern ford. i dried the distributer out with my socks. and started it up and laughed all the way home.

and i cant argue, AS SED< YOU CANT CURE STOOPIDITY.

merry christmas tony
" Dried the distributor out with my socks" . Cheered me up that one Tony.
Tony I have to ask. Did you put your socks back on afterwards. That would have been really stupid.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.