The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing cars!
Thanks for the info and here are a few extra pictures of LJ 4831 probably taken in the late forties.

The chimney detail in the last photo suggests the Lake District.  Why has he replaced the young lady with a trunk?  Note the period dummy knock-on wheel spinners.
Maybe the young lady is now IN the trunk Sad Sad

Steve
I love the colour pic; has that been hand-tinted, or is it period colour film?
brilliant as it gives evidence for how the cream yellow/green appears in black and white. Interesting front brace - surprised we haven't seen more of those. And also the spare wheel carrier? 

It appears to be black and in Japan now. Anyone know of it?
It might be worthwhile contacting Junichi Sugimoto in Japan ( he does post on here and speaks perfect English ) he may know the car as he has my old Nippy in Japan.
Ah, the age old discussion about how we can gauge colour in black and white photos. I've always found this advert something that makes me cautious about such intepretations in period photos..

.jpg   black and white in colour.jpg (Size: 50.13 KB / Downloads: 329)

(and as an aside, the colour photo looks 'tinted' to me...)

The example above is dated 1929..

.jpg   1929-eastman-kodak.jpg (Size: 39.38 KB / Downloads: 316)
I am now told that the photo was taken in 1931, can't be sure but if it was it's very unlikely to be colour film. More likely hand coloured using the Austin Sports brochure as a guide for colour.
Hmm... It may be 1931, but I suspect it's rather later. If the car was first registered in June 1931, then it would have to be no more than a couple of month's old, as the photo(s) are clearly taken in summer-time. It's got a lot of accessories fitted, which would be unusual on a brand new car: Nippy-style radiator stone guard (were they available as early as 1931?), front wing bracing, dummy 'knock-ons', electric screen wiper, revised spare wheel mounting, 'luggage rack' on the tail, large windscreen-mounted spot lamp, all, or at least most, feature on the VSCC (?) photo - which is surely post-war - as well as the Lakeland photos, so my guess is you were probably correct first time with a 1940s date. I stand to be corrected, of course, as you or your cousin may be able to date it from the age of the young lady.

I agree that it is probably a hand-coloured black-and-white image; the colours look a bit artificial, and it would be unusual to have both colour and b&w used on the same occasion - assuming that the other photos are taken on the same holiday!
It wasn't registered until late in December 31.