The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing cars!
Looking through some old family photos I found this picture. 

Probably taken in the late 40s it shows my uncle's EA 'Ulster' and the Austin 7 special my father built. I've checked the registration numbers on DLVA and it doesn't show the Ulster but there is an entry for the special.

I'd be very interested to learn if anyone has any information about either car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry no idea about the cars, but a great photo and a pretty special. The sports model to the rear of LJ is interesting too.
Chris - interesting as there is another EA body still around with a slightly earlier Bournemouth plate.
And that this pic car is registered practically Christmas 1931...
Yes, and what about the early Bugatti lurking behind?
Alan Fairless
And the Frazer Nash to the left.
LJ 4831
C 142438
M 141371
B4-5637
Reg: June '31
I think the photo must have been taken at an early VSCC meeting judging by the quality of the cars present.  Is the early Bugatti 'Black Bess'?
Love these old photos, keep them coming.
By enlarging the image, I think the registration of the Bugatti might possibly be ?? 1331 - does that help identify it?
Black Bess.
A7CA Chassis Register shows that LJ 4831 is now in Japan and owned by a member of the Austin 7 Register of Japan.

A7CA Registrar Notes for FK 3497 are: 2014-Oct-A7CA W/S Sub, New Entry, PWA7C, Under construction. Under 'Model' it says: Ulster Rep Special - Gould ?