The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contemporary photographs of Cup, Swallow 2-seater,Mulliner, Saloon & Chummy, etc.
Great that the car and the number have remained together, otherwise you would never have found it...let’s hope they remain that way.
Interesting that the GE Cup sports a pair of aero screens and a strapped down hood front edge?
Strange rear edge to the bonnet as well .
Bill G
Aka AllAlloyCup
Scottish Border
Based near the Scottish Border,
So, just a quick update on the outcome of these auctions. I had approached the vendor to see if I could come to an arrangement with them with the auctions ending early. Although they were not totally against that, eventually we ran up against Ebay timing rules that prevented that happening. So in the end, I had a mad panic to bid on 21 auctions in the last minute which resulted in me being succesful on 4 of them, outbid on the remainig 17. Managing limited funds is always my problem.. The vendor also listed some other cards at 'Buy it now' prices, which I managed to secure a couple of extras, though I was thwarted there by doing what's known as 'adding to a basket' but, before I had the opportunity to pay, others had sneaked in and purchased them before I had time to complete the transaction.

The sad thing about this is that many of these photos will now have gone into private collections and will never be seen again...
Here's another from the same seller. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325524102737?...SwBS1j3kg6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ELL:  London CC. Ran from November '37 to July '38 !!