The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contemporary photographs of Cup, Swallow 2-seater,Mulliner, Saloon & Chummy, etc.
Chummy, Swallow 2-seater,  Mulliner, Saloon, Cup, etc. postcards on eBay: Click the images twice for larger, clearer, higher-resolution copies. Naturally, I favour the AF with it's hyper-rare bonnet sides with the louvres in two depressions!  He has similar items as well: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn=c...3561.l2562

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364125493961?...name=11021

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tremendous reference photos, Tony. The AF photo is my favourite, too!
As ever, the Archivist has genuine interest in securing all of these…
Let's hope that we can. Considering that I just took the images from eBay and played with them a bit, they have turned out pretty well. Scanned at 1200 dpi and given the "treatment" they'd be impressive.
I have always had a soft spot for disc wheels...
However the schoolboy in the striped tie could have been me, were it taken in the 1950s!
I have now been in touch with the vendor who says that as there are so many people watching these auctions, she has declined my offer (not unsubstantial) and will let the auctions run to their end.
That is such a shame Hugh, 
  they would be far better placed in the Archive than in some private collection never to be seen again.
Even though the vendor shows no interest in or loyalty to Sevens, at least Mr Griffith’s mastery of his computer means that the images are now available, whether or not the bits of paper upon which they are printed disappear into a private horde.
Happily no takers for the Seven photos at the moment! Maybe an approach later might work.
The picture of the ladies by the Seven outside an hotel looks as if was taken in a German speaking country ...the lettering seems to suggest Baden Hotel...a spa? thermalspruss, mineral....?
David
Interestingly, AMH 6, the '33 RP with the wartime lights and whitened wings edges, is listed on DVLA., but not taxed nor MOT'd.  Last V5 issued Jan 1984. It's  not on A7CA Register either.  So where is it?
The other delectable items, at least those with readable numbers, no longer exist - in any form. Shame.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish