The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slippery Anne at Curborough Sprint
An absolutely fantastic job, Mark.  My ears are still ringing from when you were bashing out the off-side foot bulge at Duncans metal working class two years ago!
Like Nick and Ian, I would paint it green if only to satisfy myself what it looked like back in the 1920's.   As for the shade of green, the remaining sample will probably be pretty faithful.   I believe green paint is more durable and less likely to fade than other colours, hence its widespread use for seaside properties in the past.  I would go for a low sheen finish.  Nick will be able to advise on that one.   Slippery would look good parked next to his newly done Chummy 'Jumbo' in a recreation of the photo above.
I look forward to seeing and hearing Slippery Anne in the flesh.  Meanwhile I must now crack on with my own Jo-Jo style project which has been side-tracked whilst I finished the Pytchley.  First stage is to remove the large apple tree that has blown down in front of the garage doors whilst I have been away in Scotland!
Hi Bob,
Lewis Leathers are doing rather nice white flying/racing overalls but at quite a price.
Hi Duncan

You must be proud of your “apprentice” !!!

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Hi Bill, I don't know if I was that useful to Mark but I do feel a proprietorial twinge ....

White cotton overalls are available from workwear suppliers, we had a batch made up with the Pembleton logo across the shoulders and breast pocket for our leMans outing in 2009

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

White overalls used to be issued to participants at the Gardesloppet in Stockholm, but they do have quite a lot of small adverts on them. I got two pairs that way, and now I wear them for Vintage Montlhery.
That colour in paint is ultra white!