The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slippery Anne at Curborough Sprint
We had an excellent day at Curborough Sprint on Saturday, attending the postponed but excellent A7 Back to the Track event. Apart from running her around our garden, this was the first proper run of the car, my son Peter and I both drove her and apart from a minor issue with the clutch pedal snagging on the fire wall, she went beautifully. 

It was rather strange to be in the company of other cars, Slippery felt especially low down when lining up alongside the Ulsters, which positively towered over us!!

Regards, Mark.

love the pics mark,

will you be putting her in paint. or leaving to age as is.

tony
An absolutely splendid job. Very many congratulations upon its completion.
The Colonel will be up there cheering you on !!

I didn't think it was ever painted originally ?
Beautiful work, Mark. Chris Garner had sent me some photos as well. Really impressive!

Erich in Seattle
Now you need to park it next to a Grasshopper (knee-high to a ...  Tongue)
(25-08-2020, 11:50 PM)Tony Press Wrote: ... I didn't think it was ever painted originally ?

This photo would suggest Annie was painted, but what colour?

.png   195_22_11_17_5_31_03.png (Size: 1,020.65 KB / Downloads: 673)

(Robin Boyce photo in Friends' Gallery)
I do intend painting her in the original green, I must confess the shade of which is not particularly to my taste, that said, the surviving panel is from the later bonnet, which dates from the the post rebuild carried out by John Pares, as seen in the picture posted by Mike, with John Pares and his first wife Mary. Based on a fragment of paint on another component and studying the 1925 pictures, I suspect that the car was initially painted in a darker green.

In the short term I will be doing what Tony suggested and leaving her in the natural metal and clear doped Irish linen. I do rather like her in this finish though!

Regards, Mark.

hi mark,

in many ways im a fan of originality.

but dont always stick to it?

especially with paint colours.

id suggest this is a new chapter in the cars history, and you have done the car proud with the rebuild. perhaps a new chapter needs a new colour.

tony.
Superb job Mark. I would give my eye teeth and several other bits of my anatomy to have her sitting in the garage.