The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
rear cross member plaques
there is one photographed here too which can be checked up in A9 ledger... 94015 (do others make it that?)https://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/austin-7-ulster.htm
Hi Lance,

Thanks for confirming its aluminum, sorry, but would you mind crawling underneath again to measure the dimensions, width and height please.

Many Thanks

Marcus

Hi Jon,

Thanks for posting the link to that barn find. It is said to have part of an original Ulster body tub.

I am interested in the photo of the firewall. The bit I would like to know is that I have understood that the top of the footwell (the bit that the petrol tank sits on) was made as one piece including the sides which were then folded down. However the photo below shows the sides as separate pieces, with the front of the footwell as one piece with the top, even though it has had some modifications.

Can anyone confirm whether either of my understands is correct, or were they made in both ways, or is this not genuine Ulster firewall.

Many Thanks

Marcus

Attached Files
.jpg   Ulster..JPG (Size: 31.33 KB / Downloads: 147)
Hi Marcus, just measured the plate, 3" X 2" and fits neatly inside the nearside rear crossmember.
Thanks Lance,

Cheers

Marcus