The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highly Unusual Dependability Plate Location?
hi ian,

i guess its the circle of life.

one man builds a nice chummy, another adds bling from a latter car. the next owner takes it all of again.

i especially like the ruby cowl badge of the rear of the car, so you know its an austin when its in reverse. running you over Big Grin

tony
If it is stuck on - then all is well...

Colin

Might I make a contribution the this week's dreadful fastening competition? In this case it is an Austin rad script, which investigation revealed to have been fastened onto the radiator by nails! I am far too polite to mention who did it, but a certain cherished supplier might recall posting the script on 24th July last year. The customer certainly did not buy a steering arm from the same source. I doubt if the person will be upset by any mention on this forum, as they certainly don't read it. Otherwise they might have posted a  question "Do the nuts holding the ends of the radius arms to the front axle need to be more than finger tight?" On discovery I did not feel the need to do anything other than immediately get the relevant spanner and tighten them up considerably, giving a much more intimate relationship between radius arms and front axle.
At least it's not a period rad core that's been abused.☹☹☹
There'd be nothing to nail it to with a honey comb radiator?!
hi steve,

thats a nice piece of stoopidity.

im struggle a little with your wording though.

i dont know why a cherrished supplier would remember selling an austin script. or what selling it has to do with the idiot who found nails on the bench before he found screws.

i can only take it the stoopid dealer who sold this car, and done the work before selling it. is not on the cherrished suppliers listed on this site.

there are a couple of dodgy dealers out there selling cars, and one turns them around from scrappers to expensive cars very very quickly? but they are no were near being cherrished suppliers.

i can fully understand why people dont want to put names on the interweb, and beleive it or not i try to avoid it as much as possible myself.

but these dodgy car dealers are damaging our hobby in a much larger way than two nails in a rad.

i beleive the one who done this quality work is, a dealer who started up after the government got rid of MOTs on our old cars.

it was bound to happen, tony
It would appear all sorts of Stupidity has been happening since the MOT was abolished, all of which is in my view damaging to the hobby and is potentially going to come back and bite it in the arse! It will be a sad day should the use of vintage cars become highly restricted because of the small handful bloody awful cars that are circulating and unscrupulous individuals that are exploiting the loopholes and privileges afforded us.
Black Art Enthusiast
Tony, I hasten to point out that the cherished supplier is thoruoghly trustworthy and in no way foolish or unwise, the buyer of the script evidently did not reveal his intended way of attatching it to the car. I know of its origins from the collection of receipts and invoices that came with the vehicle. The dealer in Yorkshire from whom the machine was purchased was very honest about lt in general, certainly no complaints there. However, it is rumoured to have passed through the hands of a certain member of the brass section, based at occasionally differing adresses in Kent. Before posting this I've removed what was intended to be the following sentence, if Mike Tebbett can be threatened by Dutch libel lawyers, I don't want to be pursued by solicitors from Sittingbourne.