The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highly Unusual Dependability Plate Location?
This Chummy has recently appeared on ebay - I don't know the seller - however, the location of the Dependability Plate caused me to look twice.  Seen one screwed directly onto/into the tank before?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

WoW.

I'm not sure what to say about drilling the holes in the tank.

But surely the dependability plate was only fitted to the jewel range. Late 1934 to 1939?

When I see something like that, it makes me wonder what dangerous things they have done. 

Tony.
You never know, they might be trying to stop a leak with the plate as a patch....
A rivet counter writes, is it just me but don't they look like 2 BA cheese heads? Something I've never seen as self tappers. Did the perpetrator take the back off the tank to put nuts and maybe optimistcally Dowty washers on the bolts, or is there something very odd going on here.
thank you steve,

i was thinking the same thing. but wasnt sure if you could get a self taper cheese head.

for someone to do this in the first place, you have a 1% chance of any sort of washer.

i very much doubt they even used nuts.

ill gamble and say, they drilled a hole. and tried to screw a 2BA in like a self taper. doubt they used a tap.

sorry to be so critical, as most of the car looks like a lovely little chummy.

tony
Tony I agree that it was probably not a bad chummy that has suffered at the hands of someone who likes a bit of Bling, not the only dreadfully bodge and to my eyes questionable enhancement visible. But hey each to their own, I am sure it made him happy and will do someone else, just not my taste, but that said not to hard to put it right again should you wish to.
Black Art Enthusiast
I think the owner is going for the Hong Kong Taxi look! What puzzled me is the weird electrical box above the cutouts with the green and red LEDs on it...

Other than the bells and whistles, it looks like a nice tourer.
Used to go to local shops,only 1/4 fill tank?
stuck on with sikaflex and cheese heads peened over on the back to provoke head scratching.  I remember a forum picture of a spark plug screwed into an exhaust manifold for the same purpose.
I think squeake' s got it, or it has a rear tank and this is just a dummy.