The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Austin 7 Centenary Event 2022
I believe that is the crux. 

Because of the pricing policy, many may choose simply not to attend at all.
hi R,

not an easy event to organise, and although not all or even part of the work put in by the organisers is seen, IT IS APRECIATED.

with overseas interest, it cant be easy or cheap to find an event ground that has an onsite B&B. so people dont have to travel after a good evening.

hedd,

with the stalls, its not easy. and i can only talk for myself.

and yes i expect to pay for a pitch.

but the anniversary is a bit different for most stall holders, as they are owners and enthusiasts as well. so FOR ME i have choices.

opsion 1/ i can just pay the entry, and bring a car. and enjoy my hobby for the day or week. just like a normal person.
opsion 2/ if overcharged for a pitch, i just take ONE pitch. or dont bother at all.
opsion 3/ no charge, i can make a big effort to add to a fantastic show. with a good big display. and hope its apreciated. or do opsion 1.

as R says, free gives people the chance to just have a few bits out if they want on a paste table as well.

many will think this is a big money maker for traders, but it dont really work like that. many owners will arrive in there 7. so wont be looking for all those big bits. and for others there money will be alocated for the weeks activities not spares they can order over the phone. also the event is for ONE MODEL OF CAR. so there is only so much that can be sold?

well done to the organisers for making this disition. hopefully the more stall will add to your weekend.

tony

for me IF i stall out, i also want to enjoy the event with my cars. so i wont stand all week, and if the main static day is saterday, ill only open for half a day.

hedd,

one of my favourite events in the past was enfield padgent.

not great for selling, but the evening they would pull a steam roller and one of the gigantics up outside of the beer tent. it gave a great atmosphere.

i find some of the smallest things taken from an event are the biggest memories.

tony.
Attendance is entirely down to personal choice.

As a group we are very aware that we cannot please everybody all of the time, what we are working hard to achieve is an event that will be enjoyed by the majority.

If some choose not to come, so be it.
(16-07-2021, 03:54 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The ticket covers five days of events, exhibitions and entertainment, those choosing to come for one day only, will miss out on a huge amount.

Yes, but many of us have busy lives. Combine this with a family that has slightly less than zero interest in old cars I'd be hard pressed to hang around. Anyway, I'm ferociously anti-social at the best of times

Charles
Hi All the organisers 

Just like to say that Liz and I will be there, possibly for most of the week.  I wouldn’t want to miss one minute of the event given how hard the organisers have worked to put it on.

Mug, G&T glass, plaque, solid gold medallion?  I don’t mind and I’d be grateful for anything that comes our way.

Once more bravo for the organisers.

Cheers

Howard
For me, personally, it's just a big pity that I will miss all this fun. But a 5 day event is not what I want.... like to sleep in my own bed at night! Just attending for one day would mean missing a lot of it. And it's a lot of driving just to experience one fifth of the fun. Paying for five days and only going for one day doesn't seem right either.
Six hours of driving in the day isn't encouraging either. That's a return time driving a modern car.

How about having smaller local one-day events?
For the avoidance of doubt, I'll be there. Just not for 5 days, and that's my choice about how I fit it around my life.

And within reason I'm not bothered about price (whatever it ends up being). It's not as if it's gong to be a Mille Miglia sized entry fee. Old cars are never actually cheap, whatever you may tell yourself (or anyone else in your life) and it's the blooming centenary. None of us will be around for the next one.

Charles
(16-07-2021, 06:38 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All the organisers 

Just like to say that Liz and I will be there, possibly for most of the week.  I wouldn’t want to miss one minute of the event given how hard the organisers have worked to put it on.

Mug, G&T glass, plaque, solid gold medallion?  I don’t mind and I’d be grateful for anything that comes our way.

Once more bravo for the organisers.

Cheers

Howard
Completely agree with Howard above, it IS the Seven centenary, and won't happen again in any of our lifetimes.  God and Covid willing, my wife and I will be there for the duration, and with grateful thanks to all those noble souls who are putting so much effort into it. Also agree on the question of memorabilia, whatever is decided will be good enough for us.

On this latter point how about commissioning a very small range of memorabilia but FOR SALE rather than as part of the 'welcome/goodie bag'.  This would allow those that want something to remember the event by - many entrants may be ambivalent on this -  to choose to their taste. 

Back in 2005, for the Austin Centenary event, I re-designed the Austin Motor Company Blackpool Outing lapel ribbon, together with a larger version as a pennant - as shown, made up by Cash's. They weren't terribly expensive from memory. Just a thought.

Attached Files
.jpg   thumbnail_CIMG5703.jpg (Size: 88.44 KB / Downloads: 156)
.jpg   thumbnail_CIMG5701.jpg (Size: 33.83 KB / Downloads: 156)
.jpg   thumbnail_CIMG5704.jpg (Size: 75.5 KB / Downloads: 156)
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
A huge and sincere thank you to all who are contributing to this tremendous event. I know from past experience that this effort also comes at a considerable monetary cost: travelling; time away from business and family; phone bills, postage, etc. In addition, some have added money to the pot by sponsorship and freely contributed technical and business skills of the highest order. I'll be there with three cars in a family group of twelve and frankly - as I won't be around for the 200th - I don't care what the bill is; I'll eat grass for a month if necessary.
Tony G. Great comment and exactly the right attitude. I am tucking into a lovely bowl of grass right now.

Bob - there will be a range of Centenary Year items and apparel available to purchase from later on this year. And it is quality stuff!