The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thin flat 2nd. files with a cutting edge/side?
Have you tried searching for RIFFLER FILES on eBay ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
yes, I can see some of those would work too, but in a short un-efficient movement. I'll see what the first purchase brings!

I'm trying to put an egg-crate grille together by hand tool work alone, btw. I can see why not many people make them...
I would think that the bottom of the hole doesn't need to be flat Jon. With the slats slotted together it won't show.
yes, I realise, but I started to think it might not need any fixing if it's all super tight...!
Hi Jon
Have you considered putting more than one blade in your hacksaw?
Good morning Jon. Apologies if I have missed this in the thread but what you are looking for are 'WARDING' files as used by locksmiths. Not to be confused with Swiss or Needle files which even some of the suppliers do.

Stuart
(08-07-2020, 09:23 AM)Colin Wilks Wrote: Hi Jon
Have you considered putting more than one blade in your hacksaw?

I'll look up Warding, Stuart, thanks.
Colin - how in practice would one do this - tape them together? Or can more fit on? I like the idea!
Sad 
Hi Jon

Assuming you have a standard 12" hacksaw, just stick 'em on the lugs of the handle and tighten it back up. You may have to squeeze the blades together to start the cut prettily, but once started they will behave themselves. You'll struggle if you're using a junior hacksaw of course. I've never bothered, but I think you can get blades of different thicknesses if needed.

By the bye, I shall be 68 next birthday and Derek Sheldon's "Riffler Files" have entirely passed me by. I'm starting to wonder what else I've missed out on!  Dodgy
Have you tried searching for RIFFLER FILES on eBay ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Not clear exactly what you trying to do but is there any scope for traversing a cutoff disc? Assuming you do not have a slide compound saw, lathe etc can clamp hold the grinder somehow and slide a vice berween woodenor metal guide strips etc